Perfect reflections

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, May 20, 2007.

1. Bill Dewey and I went in search of birds yesterday. The weather was not great at first but the day turned out nice. We drove and drove. Found an eagle on a rock next to the water but a car pulled in and spooked it before we could get set up. We drove to a spot where Bill had seen some terns. We checked it out and ended up with some very nice reflections. It was fun to shoot some different images for a change. These are pretty small and look much better bigger but I still like them.

original.

View attachment 96572

View attachment 96573

View attachment 96574
    Then some shore birds flew by. The bottom half is all reflections. Makes it seem like lots of birds in the air.
    View attachment 96575

View attachment 96576

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    How did you get all of them to look to your right in the third one? :biggrin: Fantastic shots Jim!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow super pics

4. SWEET! especially capture no 3....

5. I see all the birds have been to Jim and Bill's School Of Synchronized Posing...:cool:

Super shots!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Superb! It doesn't get any better than these.

7. Excellent set. Beautiful reflections!

8. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Well done Jim, you lucked out with the water being so calm. Excellent series, the last two could be used in a remake of Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds". - Jeff

9. Jim, the last 2 are just plain fantastic!!! Love the Terns. . . they are fun to shoot when diving for fish and beautiful birds.

10. Excellent set Jim.

Louie

11. bobarue

bobarue

Aug 9, 2005
    Louisiana
    These are really neat shots.....

12. Thanks. I got lucky as a bird with a fish was coming in and they all looked in its direction.

Thanks Gale.

Thanks Paul. I like 3 as well.
    Thanks Nick. Bill had these birds trained well.

Thanks. I loved watching these birds in the clear water.
    Thanks Phil
    Thanks Jeff. We did indeed luck out with the calm water as it was pretty windy in other areas yesterday.

Thanks Jerry, The terns are amazing to watch, I was surprised at how noisy they were,
    Thanks Louie,
    Thanks much.

13. I'm a sucker for reflections. These are great, nice job Jim!

14. Great series Jim! Looks like they were on a mirror!

15. Amazing series Jim, can't decide on my favorite as I love 'em all! So please, post some more :smile: