perfect sunflower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mrtac2man, Aug 25, 2008.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    or at least as close to perfect as I have in our garden
    shot with the D200 17-55 and sb800 really like the results

[​IMG]

2. Wow! Yep, pretty darn perfect, and well-captured too!

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    That is a good one, Tim. I can see that I'm going to need to experiment and practice more with using the flash for outdoor flowers -- mine never come out that clean.

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Bob... I had to turn the flash down to at least -1 or even close to -2 otherwise I was blowing it out.. I have another I am going to post that was done with the flash also.. really like the combo of the 17-55.. and at 2.8 like my next post its as good as my macro for blurring out the background..

5. Great flower, almost looks like a painting.

6. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Were you at your highest sync speed? It's a beautiful flower but I think it would have stood out a little more if the background was darker than the flower by using a smaller aperture and/or faster shutter speed.

I doubt you need advice from me though as you seem to know your way around a camera probably better than myself :tongue:

7. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    No Nate I was not at fastest sync speed.. any I will take any ideas I can get.. will give them a try and see what happens..