Perfectly Clear -- a plug-in.

I ran across this as a ap for my iphone and it looks like it has a lot of promise as a 1-touch correction for a lot of small to medium problems. They have a PhotoShop (and LightRoom) plug-in and are working on a stand-alone in Beta. Before I up-load the trial version I'm wondering if anyone is using it, what type of photography are they using it for and how they like it.

It looks like a easy, convenient way to correct a lot of sports photos quickly.

I wouldn't mind trying it out, but I can't get the trail to work. Have you installed it yet?

Somehow, I cannot seem to make a connection between an iPhone, sports photography and retouching... can you connect a D3s to an iPhone? and if you can, why?

Perfectly Clear software

1) Haven't tried to install it yet as it's always a pain to install something and then take it out if I don't like it. I much prefer to use the trial period as the final double-check before I commit to a purchase ---- otherwise there's so much stuff out there I'd be installing and un-installing software all the time.

2) Perfectly Clear has more than one level of the software --- a fairly simply applicatons for iPhones and iPads that sells for, I think, $5.95 on iTunes.

They also make a more sophisticated version for Photoshot and/or LightRoom for around $190 --- buy both and it's like $225. If I can go thru 300-400 photos per game and sometimes 3 or 4 games a week-end with a simple one-touch correction (with some batch correction capabilities) it would make my life very much easier.

Do I think sports photographs don't deserve the best possible final results --- not true -- but I don't beat myself up if I don't work on the complexions of 9-15 year-old girls or obsess over a stray hair or two or if the whites of the eyes really aren't. What works for me and the folks that buy my work are images that are in focus, that show some action and while they prefer the ball in the photo it isn't that important as long as there daughter looks good and there isn't a porta-pottie in the background. I've even sold photos of the girls sitting on bench braiding each other's hair --- I think my niche is more 65% "Sports Portraits" and 35% "Sports Action".

I finally got a downloaded copy to work and installed the trial for PS and LR. Neat product...kind of hit and miss on the images that I ran through it. A couple of things that I wish it could/would do: 1) have a 100% zoom setting. It only has a -/+ slider for zoom and I would like to be able to get quickly to 100% so I can check the sharpening (which so far I haven't really liked at its default setting). 2) In PS I would rather the image come back with an automatic mask. Not a huge deal, but before applying the filter I have to remember to make a copy of my base layer and then apply a mask afterwards. Would save me two steps if it did automatically. 3) In LR I would rather not have to export (in a batch situation) all of the files and then bring them back in in order to finesse them if needed.

In terms of what it can do, if it was a $39.99 prices type of plugin I might go for it. At $199 I just can't get enough value out of it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom