Performance in the park (New shot sequence added)

While Ellery and I were at the park the other day, I spent most of my time following her around trying to sneak a shot when she didn't expect it. She has been in a phase for some time now where she refuses to pose for me. Usually I have to just wait until she is in good light and call her name to get her to look my way.

I was following behind her in a shadowed area when she stepped into a sunlit area. Out of nowhere she began to perform what I considered to be a beautiful and graceful dance routine. This was definitely uncommon due to the fact that there were a few strangers present and she is mostly quite shy and reserved in these situations.

The performance didn't last but 30 seconds but it imprinted a lasting memory that I will cherish for some time. I had a hard time containing my chuckles and yes I will say it, tears. The onlooking strangers were apparently entertained as well, apparent by their light applause and praise directed toward my daughter. When aware of the attention she was receiving, Ellery quickly clammed up and ran to my side.

I just thought I would share this special moment with my forum friends.

I did shoot a couple more shots of this performance and I will upload these when I do a little cleanup on my pBase site to make room for them.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

If a picture paints a thousand words this one has to be one of them. I like it very much. The lighting, the compo and the pp are all superb. Great work, Tom!

Tom,

If a picture paints a thousand words this one has to be one of them. I like it very much. The lighting, the compo and the pp are all superb. Great work, Tom!
Thank you Banhup. I always appreciate you input.

The unabashed joy of youth is captured in this image. Love the lighting and excellent clarity of this shot. Your daughter is a natural.

J

jahuel1

Tom,
I really like this photo. The subject is perfect. God's design. The lighting is very nice. I like the shadow that shows up as well. Nice job. On the shot and your part in the design.

Welcome to the club!!! What I mean by that is...I've had a camera in hand for as long as I can remember (probably 11)...anyway, when I had my son, I would constantly take pictures of him. To this day, he now turns and walks the other way when he notices the camera in my hand; he's now 15. His favorite phrase is..."Nooooooooooooo mommmmm".

P.S. Your picture is just precious!

The unabashed joy of youth is captured in this image. Love the lighting and excellent clarity of this shot. Your daughter is a natural.
Thank you Gordon!

Tom,
I really like this photo. The subject is perfect. God's design. The lighting is very nice. I like the shadow that shows up as well. Nice job. On the shot and your part in the design.
Thanks so much Clay for the very kind comments.

Absolute keeper Tom :smile:

Hello Panos, thanks for the kind response.

Welcome to the club!!! What I mean by that is...I've had a camera in hand for as long as I can remember (probably 11)...anyway, when I had my son, I would constantly take pictures of him. To this day, he now turns and walks the other way when he notices the camera in my hand; he's now 15. His favorite phrase is..."Nooooooooooooo mommmmm".

P.S. Your picture is just precious!
Thank you very much Seneca. I may need to lay off a while and maybe she will warm up to the camera once again.

Precious beyond words
Thanks Gale!

Tom I think this is my favorite of all your shots of Ellery. If I had one of Sam like this I'd blow it up large..Really beautiful..
Hey Eric, thanks so much. I will definitely be printing this one for my wife and the grandmothers.

One to cherish forever!
Thanks Roy!

We are lucky that you have shared this wonderful story and image Tom.
A beautiful photograph........... of a very special memory. :redface: :redface: :redface:

G
Thanks Graeme, I do enjoy sharing these moments with others.

Dance sequence

I mentioned in the original thread that I would post a sequence based on the original shot. The first five are consecutive shots made from the same shooting location. The final two were obviously shot from a different perspective.

In the first shot, I assume she is contemplating what dance she is going to perform. In the last shot, she has realized that she has an audience other than myself and is now quite embarrassed. The shots in between need no explanation.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
What a wonderful moment in time. She gave you a gift that you accepted and in turn shared with us. Win win win

Latest threads

Top Bottom