Permission to use photos

Discussion in 'Birds' started by LeeD, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I am an avid birdwatcher and the wife of DanD here on the Birds forum. I have a website called "Lee's Birdwatching Adventures Plus" at http://leesbird.com and would like permission to use some of the great photos from here. It is not a commercial site, it is only about birds and birdwatching.
    If you would be willing to let me use some of your photographs, I will make sure that proper credit is given. They can be watermarked, copyrighted, or not. It could be good promotion your photographic sites also.
    Raymond J Barlow has let me use some of his photos and here are examples of how I credited him: Sparrow Photos, Birds of the Bible - Pelicans and I also have a link to his website in my sidebar.
    Please let me know if you would honor me with permission to use some of your photos. Thank you in advance. Either answer me here or via PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Lee, your blog is very good looking! I don't have many, and they're not very good, but you are certainly welcome to use any of my bird pix on your site.

3. As a pastor -- I really enjoyed and will enjoy your site. I don't have many photographs on the site, but you are certainly welcome to use anything I post.

4. Chris101 and Pastorbbc, thank you both for the permission. I will notify you with PM if and when any are used, so you can check out how they were treated. I try to do several blogs a week.

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
  6. Thank you Wade. I briefly looked at your first link and you have some great photos that I could use. You will be notified before using them and proper credit will be given. You must have been flying with the geese. I especially like #123. Looks like two of them are about to collide. Thanks again.

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri

Most of them in that area are trumpeter swans, and the pic you referenced were juvenile in their first winter fly and travel from Wisconsin/Minn to Missouri.

8. Back to the Bird Guide for me. Guess I had geese on my mind after they attacked me the other day. I haven't seen a Trumpeter Swan lately, if ever.

9. thanks for your wonderful work Lee., very inspiring!

As you know, anything on my site is yours.

10. Thanks Ray,
    I have enjoyed using your photos. Keep up the good work and don't lean too far trying to get those shots.

11. Lee D, I give you permission to use any of my shots. Please copyright and let me know if you do use any.

12. Hi Lee,

I am not doing much posting these days due to a hugh consulting project but you are always welcome to use any photo I post.

Les

13. Thank you Anthony and Gramps for permission to use your photos. As stated, all will be credited. Thanks to all of you that have given me permission, I am going to get busy updating the photos on some of the blogs I already posted. I also want to make a photo page for each of those birds. Looks like I will be busy for awhile. I haven't checked all your photos, of course (some of you have lots), but am also looking for some photos of foreign (outside US) birds.

14. Phil, thank you, but I disagree with you. You are a super bird photographer. I was just looking at some of your photos and they are great. I may have a time figuring out what they are, but I can sure use some of them. Thanks.

15. Lee,

You have my permission to use my images as long as the copyright and credits are given and respected. I am not much of a bird photographer when it comes to the experts here, but sometimes I may get lucky :) 

Here is my Flickr url for your use. http://www.flickr.com/photos/15485435@N08/

Keep up the great work you are doing.

16. Looking at your photos briefly, I'd say you get lucky quite often. Love hummingbirds and you have some great shots there. Thank you and your copyrights will be honored.

17. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Lee,

I don't mind if you want to use some of mine. Here is the link to all of my bird/animal galleries.

http://imageevent.com/tsx_wiz/misc

There are some on there that are not watermarked (it's a slow process to get them all watermarked) but if you choose to use one, please tell me which one first and if it does not have a watermark I will supply it with one and provide you the link to it.

Great site by the way.

18. Peet, thank you for your permission. I will honor your request about the watermarks, same as I mentioned to the others, credits will be given. Today, I started my next blog which will be about falcons. So I will be searching through all these many galleries for some to use. Thanks again.

19. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Lee

PM has been sent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.