Perspective on Height...

Just playing a little as this is basically the same shot but one at standing height and the other almost kneeling...
(and you don't know how much that hurt my knees since they had been operated on :rolleyes:)...:biggrin:

It looks just so different, as the higher shot (#1) makes the bike look bigger and longer but the lower shot (#2) accentuates the 21" front wheel and tends to compact the bikes frame...

Nothing special but was interesting to see how much the difference in perspective was by changing the shooting height just slightly...
Some thing to consider next time taking a shot, bend or try to get extra height as it could make a lot of difference to the final look of the photo...

#1.... From Standing the bike looks longer.
5852677816_909865b322_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2... From kneeling height the front wheel is very prominent (on the full size shot it is really noticeable)...
5852678920_624b92e712_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well done, looks so much better. Same with shooting children - get down and shoot into them - much better results.

You're quite right, Wally.
I often make the effort to get lower. Sometimes this gives a more interesting point of view. After all, we usually look at the world from eye level, don't we.

In your examples, I do prefer the second perspective indeed.

Well done, looks so much better. Same with shooting children - get down and shoot into them - much better results.
Thanks Sandi, your right about that, I always try and get at eye level oe even below when shooting my Retrievers, friends kids and even adults...
As we only ever see them from above, make a much more interesting shot...

Very nice views & perspectives Wally! Keeps It Fresh Mate!
Thanks Steve, we sometimes do certain things in certain ways without even thinking about the way we did it to get the results we do... :rolleyes:..
If you know what I mean.!!!. :smile:

You're right Wally, that's quite a big difference the two shots make. I prefer the kneeling shot... just a little more interesting and not the angle we're used to.
Thanks Bernard, it has always fascinated me that by just changing the angle or hight a shot can go from average to wow or the other way around...

You're quite right, Wally.
I often make the effort to get lower. Sometimes this gives a more interesting point of view. After all, we usually look at the world from eye level, don't we.
In your examples, I do prefer the second perspective indeed.

Thanks Bart, it is all about making the shot interesting and as you said, changing the view from where we always see something makes a big difference in the final look...

Oh, BTW I also preferred the 2nd shot... :smile:

Love the contrast in both of them and the perspective of each. You really know how to make a B&W pop!
Very much appreciated Alan... Thanks mate... :smile:...

Both nice shots, Wally, but #2 is the one!
Thank you Doss, the 2nd is also my choice out of the 2...
You can really see the difference between them on the full size version, as they do look much better than these shrunken ones... :wink:...

Latest threads

Top Bottom