Pest Pest , mess

Discussion in 'Birds' started by joepilot, Jul 22, 2007.

1. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Geese are pain in the #&*##

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You chase them off, before you get back to the house they are back in the yard!

2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I'm thinking one of the jumbo nets deployed with charges and attached to a remote is just what you need. They use them for banding birds, only you won't be banding them...

(Canadian goose tastes like chicken!)

3. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Will be putting electric fence at waters edge again . A few years back we had the USDA come in ,drug and kill the ducks and geese that stupid people started feeding so they wouldn't leave. Boy what a up roar that made when they started killing them in their back yards. Made the Richmond paper ,so killing them is out of the ??

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  4. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    Slingshot. Its quite and non leathel (don`t hit the head). Use jelley beans, ice cubes, so that you don`t have rocks all over the lawn. The only bird I know that can eat one pound of grass and turn it into 10 pounds of poo! I let them hang out at the farm during the Winter but they need to get out by Spring break. A 7 pound weiner dog workes very well.

5. Yep! Looks like you got your hands full...

6. Get a good herding dog. Bye bye geese.

7. We have tons of them here in NJ! Where did they all come from? Please go home!

Anthony