PGA Doral, twister?

Well, what started out as a simple golf day ended up with all heck breaking loose weather wise, as 2 tv towers blew down, the main huge scoreboard at 18 blew down, one tv camera hit the dirt, another in a lake. Oh...and there was golf too:tongue:

Quick snap as I was running for cover myself
p828496368-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Right after the horn blew...for what seemed like no good reason (shoulda listed this one first) Slugger brings in Vijay, Nick and Adam
p705454106-5.jpg

This used to be the scoreboard....
p708552824-4.jpg

This used to be a VERY expensive camera
p725680466-4.jpg

This used to be a 30' tower with another very expensive camera on top. They sent a scuba diver in after it.
p1070010362-4.jpg

oh yeah...they did play some golf after too...
p789186303-4.jpg

Not sure who this guys is, but he wasnt putting well at all.
p944556812-4.jpg

sort of a cob
p880203219-5.jpg

they did let others play too:tongue:
Poultie
p577228927-5.jpg

But really most came to see this guy....
p919618032-4.jpg

Attachments

• p1070010362-4.jpg
    p1070010362-4.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 17
  • p1070010362-4.jpg
    p1070010362-4.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch! Bit of money biting the dust there. Dangerous too.

Love the cart one!

On no.8 are you just far enough away to be able to shoot on the down-swing so they don't hear the shutter?

shooting on impact or later is the way its done. You cant start in the middle of the backswing, but you can shoot away once they make contact. This one just got a bit lucky with the ball on the club :biggrin:

Once again a beautiful set Brad ....
was watching the tournament when they showed the storm that came through earlier ... it was certainly intense ... really looked like a mini-twister or mini-hurricane ...
at one point the flag on 18 was blowing 1 direction and immediately switched to a different one ....
keep 'em coming and hoping you get better weather ..... from the 2 Florida tournaments it looks like Florida is getting alot of wind the last couple weeks ..

ron

Real nice set of both the weather and golf action Brad. +1 on the cart shot. That is quite a mess that was created by mother nature, she sure seems to be ticked off lately.

Once again a beautiful set Brad ....
was watching the tournament when they showed the storm that came through earlier ... it was certainly intense ... really looked like a mini-twister or mini-hurricane ...
at one point the flag on 18 was blowing 1 direction and immediately switched to a different one ....
keep 'em coming and hoping you get better weather ..... from the 2 Florida tournaments it looks like Florida is getting alot of wind the last couple weeks ..

ron
Thanks Ron. Tomorrow should be a great day for pix too! Weather is great right now.

Real nice set of both the weather and golf action Brad. +1 on the cart shot. That is quite a mess that was created by mother nature, she sure seems to be ticked off lately.

Great set of images. Shame about the gear.

Thank god for insurance!!

I saw some of that on ESPN. Wild weather that's for sure. Funny if you look closely at the guy in first picture it looks like he is letting the air out of the Caddie's tires...lol

Great series but I don't most are out to see Tiger anymore .... he's lost a lot of popularity and the way the young guns are shooting now ....well he's not what he once was!

Yeah...but maybe the huge throngs of gallery fans and 10x the media following him...or the TV ratings jump whenever he plays might tell a different story. His comeback is a story in its own...albeit one that is slower than most would like.

Figure...by all accounts he is floundering right now...and yet is still in the middle of the pack....he's missed 12 putts inside of 9' so far this week. Tiger is usually deadly from that range, so add a few of those back in and he's right there at the top, even whilst floundering. So I wouldnt exactly say he's done quite yet. The young guns are great for the game dont get me wrong, but if Tiger (or Phil) played like Tiger or Phil....they'd be atop the leaderboard once more.

Great set Brad, nice reporting of all of the events with the storm too! Wow that was a nasty blow that came through, and good to see you made it out in good shape. Now on that COB shot, it really looks like Camillo is about to put an idiot mark on that 3 wood and pop it up somewhat like Tiger did once. Do you remember what happened to this one, because the ball is hitting that top edge for sure, unless it popped up that quickly after impact. Great timing.

I wasn't trying to start anything here .... and I've been a Tiger defender for a long time ... but I think it's good for golf right now that the young guns are playing as well as they are ........ but you have to remember ..Tiger's not getting any younger and is being pulled in a lot of different areas to what he once was ..... He'll win again I'm sure .... but will he be #1 again ...who knows?

Once Tiger gets his swing adjusted and he gets adjusted with his personal life, I think he will have another 2-3 year stretch where he will be dominate again.

Tiger shot 66 (low round of the day) today...finished top 10.

I think Johns got it right.
very nice shots..
Thanks dude!

Great set Brad, nice reporting of all of the events with the storm too! Wow that was a nasty blow that came through, and good to see you made it out in good shape. Now on that COB shot, it really looks like Camillo is about to put an idiot mark on that 3 wood and pop it up somewhat like Tiger did once. Do you remember what happened to this one, because the ball is hitting that top edge for sure, unless it popped up that quickly after impact. Great timing.
thanks Steve, I think the ball has actually traveled up slightly in that shot, as he hit it right down the middle, but yeah it does look high on the clubface for sure. Better check his grooves!!

Will post final round shots in the am...i'm tired

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom