1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Phalarope, BCNH & misc. other birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, May 28, 2007.

1. This is just a mixture of misc. birds from a trip to eastern Washington a few weeks ago.

Wilson's Phalarope:
    original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 98107

This one is a first for me. While trying to shoot some other birds on this pond, out of nowhere came this Black Crowned Night Heron flying overhead.
    View attachment 98108

View attachment 98109

View attachment 98110

View attachment 98111

Louie

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set Louie. What is that last one?

3. Excellent shots. The heron is great. Don't know the last one either.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice to see some different birdies.
    Very well done
    love the first shot

5. Very Nice Series, Love the Magpie

6. midi

midi Guest

Magpies can be difficult to get the exposure right without blowing the highlights. You did very well on this shot though. I'd expect at a large size the detail in there is terrific.

7. Thanks Frank, that last one is a Magpie. The Magpie is probably one of the most skidish of birds, usually found out in the open fields and you can't get within a mile of them. Got this one while driving slowly down the road stopping and shooting out the window of my truck.

Louie

8. Thanks Alex, it's a Magpie. The Magpie is a rather pretty bird but man is it difficult to get a decent shot of.

Louie

9. Thanks Gale. I found all of these birds while out on a fishing trip earlier this month.

Louie

10. Thanks Gary. I felt pretty lucky even getting a shot of a Magpie, usually they are so far off you just forget about shooting them.

Louie

11. Thanks Dave for commenting.

Louie

12. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Nice images Louis!

13. Ditto on the nice shots Louis...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.