Phil Askey's D50 Review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JustinD, Jul 23, 2005.

1. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    thanks for the heads up. Bummer about the lenses but for the price what can you expect. I liked the 55-200 range though.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'd advise people to make their own evaluations of lenses, rather than rely on reviews in popular websites. These reviews, for the most part, are useful as guidelines for what to watch for, but lack the knowledge of how you are going to use the lens.

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I read a different review, just on the lenses a few weeks ago, with side-by-side comparison photos. If my memory is correct, the review was quite favorable for the new 18-55DX lens, and it seemed like a very good compact zoom in that range.

Based on that review I have considered getting one of these, as an inexpensive wide lens to replace my old kit lens that I sold.

4. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    What impressed me the most was the claim that it had less noise than the Canon 350XT!

5. Ron - I was pretty impressed with the noise tests as well. It's so close though as to be moot. As Phil said...we're talking fractions here.

6. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    Oh I agree, Justin. It's just that I'm not used to seeing a Nikon with less noise (even fractional) than a Canon. Must be rationalization time at the DPR Canon forum. :wink: