Phil & Frank's Coolpix 5700 Portrait Shoot-Out

Phil Youngblood and I have both sent out D70s back to Nikon for warranty repairs, and are shooting with out back-up
cameras, which are CP5700s. We were bemoaning the downgrade when we hit on a way to keep up our interest... a contest.
We've decided to see who can take the best candid portrait, and the contest will run until we get our dslrs back from the
Nikon Hospital. We'll call on you guys to help us decide the winner at the end. If you have a 5700 (sorry, no substitutes),
you're welcome to join in the fun.

The 5700 is much more "stealthy" than the d70 with a 70/80-200 f/2.8 class zoom, which both Phil and I use. I grabbed this
picture at the car wash today, and the victim... errr, model, had no idea she was being immortalized. Unfortunately, I didn't
notice that the aperture was set at f/7.4, so the background isn't blurred enough, but I like it anyway 8).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey, Frank, that's a excellent shot - I really like it, and it just serves to illustrate that ultimately, it's the photographer, not the gear. As Winston Churchill said, "Give us the tools and we'll do the job".......

greyflash said:
Can you imagine me sitting there with my D2H and 70-200mm lens at the carwash trying to be stealthy.
You'd scare the hell out of your subjects, that's for sure :p.

I knew those smaller camera's had some advantages

Didn't you ever own a digicam, Gordon? They're a lot of fun, and the prosumer models put out surprisingly good images.

Thanks, Peter! While I do miss my d70, it's not that much of a hardship using a Nikon 5700. It's full featured, and its image quality compares
well to the current generation of equipment. Personally, I think 5MP is the max they should be putting in 2/3" sensor.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom