Phil K in person!

Phil K is visiting N. California, and Philippe Roger, Kemnik, and I met him for lunch today. Sadly, he didn't wear his Darth Vader helmet, but we recognized him anyway. As you'd expect, he had his d3 in hand.

100026559.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kurt countered with his new d200.

View attachment 218275

Philippe came directly from the office, and didn't have a camera, but it didn't seem to dampen his spirits.

View attachment 218276

We had a fine lunch, and if your ears were burning, it's because we talked about all of you :biggrin:. Other topics included wives, kids, lenses (we each own an 85/1.4), camera bodies (2 d3s and 2 d200s among us), and RAW vs. jpeg (3:1).

We knew Phil was a fine gentleman, but it was great to confirm it by meeting him in person. Philippe had to leave early to get back to work, leaving Kurt and me to wish Phil a bon voyage.

View attachment 218277

G

Gary Mayo

I say he is rather normal looking in typical street garb, but I still miss the hat!

Indeed, it was a wonderful lunch, Phil. We were very glad to meet you. We all had a great time, talking photography, Cafe gossip, and just plain having fun! Thanks all.

And Phil, enjoy your time in California! :smile:

N

Nuteshack

i'm jealous ....;-)

Are you in your new home already?

I'll bet Kansas has never seen the likes of you :wink:.

We're here in Kansas, but the on-base housing offered to us was WAY BEYOND UNACCEPTABLE. (exposed wiring, fuzzy mold and mildew, smells of urine, and splintered wood floors were just the tip of the iceberg problem wise.) We're contacting a local property management company to help us find a rental..... and for now we're living in a hotel which is always fun with two small children who are already stir crazy...:rolleyes: We're surviving though, and we'll be settled shortly I'm sure.

(and YES, Kansas got a good dose of me during my unmarried life...I just hope no one remembers! LMBO!)

Frank,
Thanks so much for posting your wonderful photos of the get together. I wish I could have been there. I would even buy an 85 1.4 if it meant I could have lunch with you guys!!!

Who paid for the lunch?

Shoot, I hope someone did!!? Just kidding.

Indeed, it was a wonderful lunch, Phil. We were very glad to meet you. We all had a great time, talking photography, Cafe gossip, and just plain having fun! Thanks all.

And Phil, enjoy your time in California! :smile:

I agree!!

I'm jealous too.....looks like I left Cali a week too early.... :(

Yeah you did!!!! We miss you!!!

Well here are my simple shots and a few from about 45 minutes ago from my cab to the hotel. Just flew into New York for work. I'll be here all week and hope to visit B&H and take a bunch of pics too. And I guess I'll have to do some work too. :(

2662840876_dfe051ca87_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 218281

View attachment 218285

And a few from my trip to NYC.

View attachment 218288

View attachment 218294

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom