Phil Keaggy in Concert

Discussion in 'People' started by dbirdsong, Nov 6, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I am not sure a lot of people know who Phil Keaggy is here, but the man is a considered one of the 100 best guitar players in the world.
    Saturday night I got a chance to see him for the first time in close to 20 years play with a band. (I have seen him 3 time solo in the last 3 years, something that is very cool too, what that man can do with 1 guitar and a few gadgets!!) Talk about a cool night.
    I was given a ticket by a friend that has a radio show but because it was a comp, it was in the last row.
    Well another friend from church was there and he came up to me just as the concert was starting and said "hey I found this ticket in the 7 row, just make sure I get a copy of your pictures..." (He is going to get some, but not all 423 shots :cool: ) It turns out he bought the ticket just for me so I would be close enough to get some cool shots. Thanks Eric!!
    Anyhow, I sorted them out tonight when I got home and that is about it, this is one of my favorites of the evening using a cool toy called a Ebow.
    I will share some other shots over the few days.

[​IMG]

Nikon D70
    2005/11/05 22:47:37.2
    JPEG (8-bit) Fine
    Image Size: Large (2000 x 3008)
    Lens: 70-200mm F/2.8 D
    Focal Length: 200mm
    Exposure Mode: Manual
    Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
    1/320 sec - F/2.8
    Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
    Sensitivity: ISO 1600
    Optimize Image: Custom
    White Balance: Auto -3
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Color Mode: Mode II (Adobe RGB)
    Tone Comp.: User-Defined Custom Curve
    Hue Adjustment: -3°
    Saturation: Enhanced
    Sharpening: Auto
    Image Comment:
    Long Exposure NR: Off

2. Looks like he's got a bit of a bum middle finger on his right hand there. I guess that makes his guitar playing all the more impressive.

Nice image.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Aw.. you noticed the missing finger... :eek:
    Phil lost it when he was 4 years old....

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shot Dave.

Glad you had a great seat and a good time.

5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    That is a great shot Dave. I have listened to Phil for years. He is not as well known as some other guitarist. Probably because he has always played comtemporary Christian music. But he is well respected by other guitarist. Anyone who loves guitar should get one of his albums especially the instrumentals. Acoustic or Electric. I can't believe he is getting old and bald headed like me.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks everyone for your kind words...
    This is another shot from last night...
    [​IMG]

7. Brew

Brew Guest

Great Pictures Dave. I would love to see Phil in concert sometime; he is one of the best Guitarists ever. He could play better with no fingers then I can will all of mine.

I notice in the first shot he is using a sustainer. This is a tool that will keep the string vibrating indefinitely and really makes it sing.

8. awesome Dave!

9. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Bruce and Dave...
    In fact I have 2-11x14's waiting for me to put in frames (bought, and sitting next to my desk) of Phil, that he autographed for me. I contacted his web site manager and asked her if she could get a couple autographed and she said sure,
    So I had them printed and mailed them down to her and 2 weeks later they were back.
    Very cool.

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Great shot Dave,

Not only do I know who Phil Keaggy is...I remember when he had long (dark) hair and this big thick mustache. I've heard for years how respected he was by other guitarists. The man can just flat out play.
    Now as for me, I can play the radio, cd player.:smile:

11. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I can play my radio or my iPod pretty darn well...
    One of my high lights in my life was back in 1980 getting to sit down with him and play for 10 minutes. Well try to play along with him... :biggrin:

His new live CD with Randy Stonehill is worth every penny it cost.