Phillies vs Braves and Mets

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mike mac, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Was lucky enough to have some great seats for back to back games, last night I sat 9 rows behind home plate and tonight I shot from the 1st row behind the Phillies dugout. Great news is the Phils came way with 2 great wins and I cam away with over 400 pictures to sort through. Well here are the first few I have processed boy this is going to be a long process.
    All were shot at ISO 800 and metered manually since my meter is dead on my D2H all shot with the 70-200 VR

original.

Date/Time 18-Apr-2005 20:09:53
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2H
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 150 mm
    Exposure Time 1/640 sec
    Aperture f/2.8
    ISO Equivalent 800
    Exposure Bias -1
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program manual (1)
    Focus Distance
    original.
    Date/Time 18-Apr-2005 20:06:21
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2H
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 190 mm
    Exposure Time 1/640 sec
    Aperture f/2.8
    ISO Equivalent 800
    Exposure Bias -1
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    OUT!
    original.
    Date/Time 17-Apr-2005 21:49:41
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2H
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 140 mm
    Exposure Time 1/640 sec
    Aperture f/3.2
    ISO Equivalent 800
    Exposure Bias -1
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    original.
    Date/Time 17-Apr-2005 20:22:31
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2H
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 150 mm
    Exposure Time 1/800 sec
    Aperture f/2.8
    ISO Equivalent 800
    Exposure Bias -1
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program manual (1

2. Very nice shots. Your first two pictures are great!! Oh yeah one more thing...............GO BRAVES!!! {doing the CHOP}!!! :D :D :D :D

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Mike these are some great shots You don't need A, S or P mode...you rock with manual.

4. Thanks Bryan will be going back to see th Phils play the braves in July Go Phils.... :wink:

5. Todd
    thanks so much I appreciate that, it is SO much easier with auto meterign though, just waiting for a convient time to send it back

6. These are excellent Mike. You were really able to catch the action on these images. Good job.

7. Great shots. Just imagine what a superstar Pat Burrell would be if you guys played the Mets everyday. I still don't know how you managed taking these manually?? Thnxs for sharing.

8. thanks Gordon I appreciate the comments

9. Yes well he is having a good April will see how his May and June are.
    Shooting under the lights the exposure was pretty much the same so it really wasn't a big deal. I send the camera back Monday to Nikon.