Phillies vs. Cubs 08/03/2005

Had some good seats for last nights game at Citizens Bank Park. One of the wildest finishes to a game I have seen. In the bottom of the ninth with 1 out Pat Burrell struck out but the catcher drooped the ball and had Jimmy Rollins picked off third but instead of running him down just threw the ball and Rollins scored to win the game. Thanks for the gift Cubbies!
Thanks Frank (Engine45)
Brush back
Img0804.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Billy Wagner bring the heat
Img08761.jpg

Derek Lee
Img0817.jpg

Pitch on the way
Img0831.jpg

Pop up to center field
Img0795.jpg

Philly Phanatic
Img0851.jpg

--
TY
-Mike
pbase supporter
www.pbase.com/mmcatee43

Excellent images Mike with great color and action. I especially like the one where the batter hits the ball and you managed to keep the ball in play. Also the pop up fly to center. Way to go.

Great stuff again Mike... Your just to good.

Guess that XXXXXXX and you are getting along just fine :>))))))))
The Phanatic is a riog. Great shot and color.

You can give up your day job now !!!!!!

Holy Cow, Mike,

Those images are awesome. Not sure if you had to tweak them in PS, but they are absolutely great. Which lens, the 70-200mmVR? The colors are perfect and so is the cropping.

And as far as the gift, the morning sports radio guys were quoting the Catcher Michael Barrett...he said that he panicked and threw the ball away. Oh brother!!!!! I guess it's just about time to take one of my favorite t-shirts out of storage. The t-shirt that says, "Wait 'til next year" :( :( :( :( :(

greyflash said:
Excellent images Mike with great color and action. I especially like the one where the batter hits the ball and you managed tthanks Gordon really needed two bodies one with the 70-200Vr and one with the 300.

Gale said:
Great stuff again Mike... Your just to good.

Guess that XXXXXXX and you are getting along just fine :>))))))))
The Phanatic is a riog. Great shot and color.

You can give up your day job now !!!!!!
Thanks Gals wouldnt it be fun to make a living at what you love, ut then maybe it wouldnt be fun any more....I am gettign used to the X but have a long way to go for sure

eng45ine said:
Holy Cow, Mike,

Those images are awesome. Not sure if you had to tweak them in PS, but they are absolutely great. Which lens, the 70-200mmVR? The colors are perfect and so is the cropping.

And as far as the gift, the morning sports radio guys were quoting the Catcher Michael Barrett...he said that he panicked and threw the ball away. Oh brother!!!!! I guess it's just about time to take one of my favorite t-shirts out of storage. The t-shirt that says, "Wait 'til next year" :( :( :( :( :(
Thanks pretty much out of cam except for some sharpening and resizing and trwoing a frame on them. I shot the 70-200 Vr started with the 300 but was hard to not cut off soemthign so switched to the 70-200VR
Yea your catcher sure had a brain fart for sure... hey that type of things happen he really bailed Pat Burrell at he had a terrible at bat.

Good shots Mike, but personallyI would say use the 300 and crop tighter,

granted it is all personal preference, and depens on what you intend to use the photos for, but when in doubt crop much tighter.

Twig
Thanks fro the comments and looking back you are right, one of the problems was that as the game got later I needed the 2.8 and my 300 is only f4 another compelling reason to upgrade to the 300 2.8 AFS II. Sure wish I could find a nice used copy of this lens.

Latest threads

Top Bottom