Phil's Comments on DPR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhotoByMark, Oct 27, 2005.

1. I found this amusing. Not Phil, but his comments.

I mean so many leaks from Canon, Nikon before its time.

Are they on purpose or really by accident? Who knows the truth??

Whatever, it is all fun and makes for interesting reading.

Phil's Comments

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    It gets people to thinking, to talking, to speculating. I would bet a tactic for testing the waters. It is funny, but all any executive has to do is get on a forum somewhere and just read a few threads. People take the unknown (new product) way to seriously sometimes I think.

Funny read though.

3. These "leaks" sure appear intentional to me. But I wouldn't bet money on it.

Consider my employer. Talk about secrecy! Holy cow.

I would say the leaks we see happen because as a product release approaches, the number of people that know grows very rapidly, and the chance that something will fall between the cracks goes up high enough that something is bound to show up in public.

I am quite sure we never leak on purpose. And we are one of the most watched companies so far as new products goes.

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    The leaks are either intentional, or an indicator of incredible incompetence. They can't be that stupid, can they? I mean they have to know that if the page is on the webserver, somebody's going to find it whether it's linked or not; we've seen this too many times.

5. Like I said though. It is fun. I think the anticipation leading up to the "Real" release and real product is sometimes funner than the actual product announcement. Maybe, they will surpise us all with even more news of new products that they were able to keep totally secret. Wouldn't that be cool!

Then again, a whole new round of fun will begin once some of us get our hands on a D200. Some things will be better than expected and some not. I will unfortunately will not be one of the first as I prefer to wait for the dust to settle. And I just got my D70s and I do not have a real compelling need for a D200. I still want one though!

I do enjoy the excitement of it all. I cannot wait for the next release after this one. Perhaps the successor to the D2x?

I look forward to all the first hand experiences with the D200.

Let's see what tomorrow brings us........