Photo Book Month open for 2011 - You can make one!!

Real Name
Luis Casals
Pretty cool Idea. I will check on it with more detail.

Thanks Geoff.

starting my vacation

Vacation starts end of July have a plan...execution of photos over that 7days, then create!
Thanks again for idea!!:biggrin:

Motivating!

Thanks for the link. I have finally emerged from internet lurking to post here and to register. I needed something to move me along from having piles of images which I haven't done anything with, so I hope that this isn't too daunting. I can foresee questions in the Technical discussion forums!

Jeepers Helen 2 years and one post!! Time to get busy, where abouts are you anyway?? Don't forget to use the assistance right here at the Café.

A bit slow, I admit

[Jeepers Helen 2 years and one post!! Time to get busy, where abouts are you anyway?? Don't forget to use the assistance right here at the Café.]

I hadn't realised it was so long - signed up when I got my D90, my first Nikon camera, which has been great. So far I have worked out how to do a very simple book using Appleworks and Graphic Converter which I can convert into a pdf, so I think I'm on my way. Where should I ask a question about sharpening? I only have Lightroom 2 for postprocessing, and can create jpegs for the book when I export, but then it looks like I have to use Graphic Converter to compress them further. I'm not sure if I should use sharpening both times. (It was so much easier when I used to shoot slides, but that's a long time ago.)
Oh, and I'm in Wellington.
Thanks for your encouragement. Think I'll be saying "Jeepers Helen" when I need to hurry myself up!
Helen

[Jeepers Helen 2 years and one post!! Time to get busy, where abouts are you anyway?? Don't forget to use the assistance right here at the Café.]

I hadn't realised it was so long - signed up when I got my D90, my first Nikon camera, which has been great. So far I have worked out how to do a very simple book using Appleworks and Graphic Converter which I can convert into a pdf, so I think I'm on my way. Where should I ask a question about sharpening? I only have Lightroom 2 for postprocessing, and can create jpegs for the book when I export, but then it looks like I have to use Graphic Converter to compress them further. I'm not sure if I should use sharpening both times. (It was so much easier when I used to shoot slides, but that's a long time ago.)
Oh, and I'm in Wellington.
Thanks for your encouragement. Think I'll be saying "Jeepers Helen" when I need to hurry myself up!
Helen

Sorry for missing your response Helen. I'm not sure about Graphics converter so can't offer advice there. Maybe you could look at Open Office as it's free and would do it all and you can save as a PDF as well as a document.
I'm over the hill in the Wairarapa but rarely get to Wellington (was down there recently for the latest Creative Suite launch). If you want any help send me an email: geoffwalkernzatgmaildotcom with your phone number and I can call you. Usually I'm not in cell coverage and at the moment I'm also house sitting so don't have a stable land line number.

Nearly Time to launch your book and create!!!

Well folks it kicks of shortly but there is plenty of time for this exciting project.
I'm doing a book on a coastal settlement called Tora down here about the two sheep stations originally there and the farms that were divided off after WWII for returned soldiers. Only one of those soldiers is still alive to tell his story but my book will record the farms and buildings a they are today with the current occupiers along with information on the succession from the original owners - the Riddiford family.
I'm excited and will be moving out there for 4 weeks to shoot and record stories. Have enlisted a local to partner with recording stories and I think we will end up with a larger printed version as well!!:eek::biggrin:

a bit too busy at the moment, I would make a start, do two pages and that would be it.

Geoff you might be interested in mychillybin.co.nz

Thanks for the pointer Phil, had a look a while back and probably not for me at the moment.:wink:
I did think I'd spotted you there!!:biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom