1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Photo books and calendars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sedona Ranger, Oct 29, 2018.

1. I’ve been asked if I sell my photos as either a calendar or book mostly friends looking for gifts or for themselves. I would like recommendations on online vendors that can be used? The catch is I don’t want to order a much of books and calendars that I don’t need. Ideally would like to simplify provide a link to a vendor(s) for them to order.

Also, recommendations for website platform for e-store? I realize there are plenty of options, but looking for easy to setup and manage as I’m not a computer programmer and that provides a reasonable cost to benefit for annual subscription costs. Currently, using smugmug and there certainly an option I’m considering.

Thanks

Alan

2. Consider Zenfolio for at least for selling individual photos. I don't remember if they offer sales of books or calendars.

Consider Blurb for selling books. Tell your friends to wait for sales that are 40% off. If you use Lightroom, its book module prepares everything automatically for upload to Blurb. Alternatively, you can use Blurb's free software available at their website for creating and uploading books.

3. Thanks Mike I’ll need to checkout the LR module sounds like an effective way to prepare and print books

4. I have been using Blurb for many years, easy to set up, excellent quality, customer service is second to none and over the past year delivery has been getting quicker.

5. I use Blurb for books. Blurb will allow you to make the book available to others through a storefront on their site. I had a good experience using Lulu for calendars.

Glenn

6. northrop

northrop

Apr 20, 2008
    Chicago
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.