Photo classes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gmaker1, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Has anyone ever taken a class from the Maine Photographic Workshops? They are a bit on the pricey side, but am looking for some informaion about them.

Thanks,
    Gil

2. Maine Photographic Workshops

Hi Gil,

I live about 12 miles from them, have been a photographer since high school in the sixties and have never taken a course. I hit up the guy who started them for a 'cheap rate for locals' and didn't hear back. I understand they do a pretty good job. They are also a good place for the 'rich kids' to come and take a short vacation while learning and write it off as education. Same with the instructors. Have heard no complaints. I've taken students out on my lobster boat, as has my son, in the past. They were in financial trouble earlier and don't know how things went.

They'll send you a catalog if you contact them.

This doesn't help much, but good luck.

Steve Waterman
    (from heah)

3. Steve:

Thanks. I appreciate the info. It seems that I may do better someplace else. A week costs about $2000 and if it doesn't give a WOW senstion, I would be better off buying new lenses.

Gil

4. WOW!

It gets a wow from me! You could get an 85mm f/1.4 and a 12-24DX for that.
    :wink:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Steve,

Got a couple links for you to check out. Your neck of the woods.

www.vividlight.com

This is an online photo magazine I have been following for about 4 years. All the back issues are also available.

Moose peterson used to write for them also. I dearly Love the "moose" lol.

The other guys are great also. Perhaps you will also enjoy the articles.

This link is to photo sessions, from Gary stanley on that site. Might want to check this out.

http://www.light-chasers.com/

Moose also has siminars. Expensive, yes. Worth it yes.

Everything is relitive to what is in your pocket. :>))

I hope to go to a Moose session some day.

Also, dont forget Ron reznick.

Cheers
    Gale

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    An alternative are the Santa Fe Workshops. Prices are a bit lower, and you at least know someone in the area who can take you out for drinks !

http://santafeworkshops.com/index.cfm

The annoyance for me has been that every course I've wanted to take this last year has coincided with work out-of-state.

John P.