Photo Contest Submissions...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gr8Tr1x, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Well, the photo contest portion of Photo Wild! is coming up soon. I just finished processing my three submissions. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm having them printed by Mpix on pearlescent paper.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think they are all beautiful images.
    Contest wise. Who knows what judges want. I sure don't.
    I sure wish you the very best

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are all beautiful Josh. Good luck in the competition.

4. They all look like winners to me

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks all. Some of the other members may have some submissions too...

There is a silent auction on May5th and the winners will be announced then as well.

6. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Beautiful Joshua. I wish you luck.

7. Sweet shots Josh and you'll do well with these winners :smile:

8. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Good luck! That 2nd one made me jump.....

9. amazing. good job.

10. WOW! Completely amazing shots! You should definitely have a winner or more!

11. Awesome shots. I can't pick a favorite.

12. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I should have them here by tomorrow...the judging is next weekend. I just need to matte and frame them first.

13. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Fantastic shots Joshua. Good luck in the competition!!

14. Good luck Josh!! The second one really captured my attention. Yikes!!

15. Those are all great, but #2...wow! I'd be surprised if that one didn't win something!

16. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    This is the best you can do ??

LOL

Josh - these are all great...You will do just fine..These are scary good man...

17. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I just got my prints in the mail from Mpix.com. Wow, they do an awesome job. The Metallic/Pearlescent paper is perfect for these images. They look great. Bravo to Mpix!

18. Good Luck!! In my eyes you have a winner!!

Sarah

19. snugelbune

snugelbune

Mar 15, 2006
    NYC suburbs
    Josh,

if the contest is for photos that look awesome, they'll all three do very well! If the judges are using ppa-type crieteria I'd go with #2. I like all three, but having entered a couple of photo competitions (not restricted to wildlife photos) I have seen judges take points off for not having enough room in the frame for the subject to look into the frame...Personally, I like the cropped look as I'm not really concerned with how far into the frame a bird can look, but I listened to the judges point this out again and again. I think they are all phenomenal and would hang all of them in my home in a heartbeat. If it is beauty they are looking for you've got 3 winners, if they're knit-picky on certain form, #2 is perfect.

Best of luck...my guess is you'll be asked for prints from many who see them, I can only imagine how they look printed vs. on screen.

20. Very nice work, Joshua. I'll bet the prints are awesome. I've been very happy with Mpix prints on metallic paper. Did you get the printer profile from them for soft proofing? Best of luck in the competition.