Photo Contest Submissions...

G

Gr8Tr1x

Well, the photo contest portion of Photo Wild! is coming up soon. I just finished processing my three submissions. What do you think?

146713569-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

146714290-L.jpg

146715000-L.jpg

I'm having them printed by Mpix on pearlescent paper.

I think they are all beautiful images.
Contest wise. Who knows what judges want. I sure don't.
I sure wish you the very best

G

Gr8Tr1x

Thanks all. Some of the other members may have some submissions too...

There is a silent auction on May5th and the winners will be announced then as well.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I should have them here by tomorrow...the judging is next weekend. I just need to matte and frame them first.

This is the best you can do ??

LOL

Josh - these are all great...You will do just fine..These are scary good man...

G

Gr8Tr1x

I just got my prints in the mail from Mpix.com. Wow, they do an awesome job. The Metallic/Pearlescent paper is perfect for these images. They look great. Bravo to Mpix!

Josh,

if the contest is for photos that look awesome, they'll all three do very well! If the judges are using ppa-type crieteria I'd go with #2. I like all three, but having entered a couple of photo competitions (not restricted to wildlife photos) I have seen judges take points off for not having enough room in the frame for the subject to look into the frame...Personally, I like the cropped look as I'm not really concerned with how far into the frame a bird can look, but I listened to the judges point this out again and again. I think they are all phenomenal and would hang all of them in my home in a heartbeat. If it is beauty they are looking for you've got 3 winners, if they're knit-picky on certain form, #2 is perfect.

Best of luck...my guess is you'll be asked for prints from many who see them, I can only imagine how they look printed vs. on screen.

Very nice work, Joshua. I'll bet the prints are awesome. I've been very happy with Mpix prints on metallic paper. Did you get the printer profile from them for soft proofing? Best of luck in the competition.

Latest threads

Top Bottom