Photo Equipment shops in Chicago

I'd be interested in this too as I shall be there for a friend's wedding next spring. What is the rate of tax there, and do foreigners pay it, or perhaps pay it and reclaim?

Thanks.

Next month iam Travelling to Chicago , any recommendation for good Photo Equipment Shops/ Stores

Calumet has a very nice store in Chicago - it's on 'Goose Island' in the city - nice shot of downtown from their front door.

For something different, be sure to visit Central Camera on Wabash (in the Loop). Family owned since several generations, a dying breed of old fashioned stores.
I visit there each time I am in Chicago and love to rummage among the incredible variety of stuff they have in the store. Great sales people also, some interesting personalities.

If you are going to be in downtown Chicago, you will enjoy visiting Calumet Photographic, Helix Camera and Central Camera. If you plan to buy gear, be prepared to pay the highest sales tax in the nation.....10%.

P

pidgeon92

Actually, the tax rate now is 10.25%. This is why I stick to mail order for most large ticket items.

Latest threads

Top Bottom