Photo hosting, What's your preference?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sagar, Jul 27, 2008.

1. PBASE

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. SmugMug

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. flickr

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. zenfolio

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. sagar

sagar

Jun 29, 2008
    USA
    Just wanted to see what's general preference on online photo hosting. While there are many other service providers I am taking famous 4 if I can say

2. You should have another option on your poll for "other". I know a lot of people host their photos on their own site.

3. Smugmug is the best of that group, but I use my own site.

4. I've been very happy with Smugmug.

5. I have accounts at PBase, Smugmug and Zenfolio -- right now I am using Zenfolio for most of my current work over the past year or so and am very pleased with it, but I also very much like each of the other two for different reasons. However, in the beginning I found PBase to be rather user-unfriendly and it took me a while to get the hang of it. For professional-looking displays of one's work, it definitely excels, though, as do both Smugmug and Zenfolio.

6. rlacy

rlacy

Apr 22, 2007
    San Diego
    Interesting Poll

I have always used pbase and have learned to like it alot. I just don't get enough pictures posted! I have looked at the others but never quite got warmed up to them. I like this poll because I am interested in what others use and why. I may be missing something at flickr or Smugmug, etc. so maybe this will let me learn something. Thanks

Ron

PS--Connie: Exactly what IS a bionic goddess and how does a person become one??!!:smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  7. I've selected SmugMug (Pro account) and I simply love it!

8. I've had (well, "have") all of those (and more) - and my favorite, and for me the best is smugmug. Second place would be zenfolio, but I'm increasingly less impressed with zen.

9. jamesclarke

jamesclarke Guest

I think it really depends on your needs. But personally I use Flickr mainly since I've used it since its inception and many of my friends use it which makes keeping track of new photos and providing comments easier.

10. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    None of the above...I use imageevent.com

11. I never had Zenfolio, but prefer SmugMug over pbase due to its print selling. I have the pro account - of course pbase is only $23 a year while Smug Pro is $159.

I have my own site too.

12. I use the one in my sig

13. :biggrin: A while back some of us were kidding around and next thing you know I had a new tag!! Actually, the "bionic" part refers to the fact that I have a couple of titanium screws in my mastoid bones on each side of my head, and these are used for a pair of BAHAs (bone-anchored hearing aids), which resolve my conductive hearing loss. The "goddess" part.... well, y'know..... :smile:

14. rlacy

rlacy

Apr 22, 2007
    San Diego
    Connie--

OK, now I feel better. I just had my right hip replaced with a new stainless steel hip joint so I am bionic too--as soon as I learn to walk again!!

Ron

15. Hey, Ron, welcome to the bionics club!!!! :smile: We're a very special group!!!

All I can say is, work as hard as you can in the physical therapy -- the rewards are many!

16. gregDT

gregDT

Apr 27, 2008
    London UK
    Another vote for none of the above. I host my own pictures on a photoblog

17. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    Pbase. Easy to configure and let it sit once you know what you're doing, looks great (see www.pbase.com/connorroelke and come to your own conclusion, though), easy to navigate for even the grandparents!

18. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    I signed up at Exposure Manager, but I'm only going to keep it for an upcoming wedding. Once people have ordered their prints, I'm going to chuck it...quite frankly it's less work to put the photos on my own website, and I don't have to pay their monthly fee. I can take credit cards thru Paypal, and am also looking into other options.

Carole

19. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    None of the above........

20. bigsushi

bigsushi

Jul 22, 2008
    Cotonou, Benin
    Thanks for starting this thread. I used to host my own and now I'm looking for a good service so this thread has been especially helpful :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.