Photo magazines?

Real Name
Carl
I am missing a regular, print medium photo magazine. I have gone through Popular Photography, Modern Photography, Petersen's Photography, and Outdoor Photography. Are there any left that are pleasant reads, offer general photo information, easy on the computer stuff, and tips or hints which may help us garden-variety shutter pushers take better photeaux? Recommendations...English, please, because sitting with the magazine in one hand and my little red Collins dictionary in the other (do they even make those anymore?) gets old fast!
Thanx!:)

I may be wrong, but I think the days of the printed photography magazine are largely over. There are a few specialty magazines, such as Rangefinder (wedding centric and a perpetual advertisement for WPPI), Living Bird (the Audoban Society's mag, which contains beautiful bird photography) and others. However I fear there are no more general photography magazines that I am aware of.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I ceased all print magazines. I use Zinio on my iPad and get Digital Photo Pro and Outdoor Photography. Since OP changed owners and terms with their authors I have become less enamoured with it and may stop that one. I also used to get Photo District News (industry trade magazine) electronically and ceased that as well.

Look at Lenswork. No equipment reviews. No ads. Brooks Jensen's commentaries I find excellent. There are also no how to articles, this is just about the artists. The projects and images published are terrific. By far my favorite.
Available as online pdf or print.
This is primarily, but no longer completely, black and white. My favorite.
Black and White is still ok, runs the gamet from great to kind of ok work.
Those are the only 2 magazines I still get.
Gary

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I got a free subscription to Outdoor Photography and received a notification that they were going to an online format. Since then, that’s how I’ve gotten their publications. I do have to say that I miss having an actual magazine in my hands, but I think Fred is correct in that print photography magazines will soon be extinct.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom