Photo Mechanic v. ACD See 8

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by bvonarx, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Currently I am using ACD See 8 (Windows XP pro) but am tempted to switch to Photo Mecahnic 4.5, primarily to ingest files to multiple lacations. Any one have experiance w/PM 4.5 that they care to share?
    Many thanks,

BVA

2. Kerry Pierce

Kerry Pierce

Jan 7, 2006
    Detroit
    I'm a new photo mechanic user. I like it and use it primarily as a browser. It's fast and stable, far faster for browsing a large folder of NEF's, than the latest version of ACDSee.

I don't understand what you mean by "ingest files to multiple locations", so can't help you there. :redface:

3. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    Never used ACD See so I don;t know if you can do this, but in PM you can import from CF to 2 drives, which is what he means. Izts like a backup right when you import.

4. I have just started using Photo Mechanic, too, on my Mac, and I am really pleased with it. I was able to review and sort through a bunch of images in nothing flat! I have not used ACDSee so cannot offer comparisons of the two programs, nor have I used PM with a Windows-based machine. For me, PM is a wonderful asset to my workflow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.