Photo Mechanic v. ACD See 8

Currently I am using ACD See 8 (Windows XP pro) but am tempted to switch to Photo Mecahnic 4.5, primarily to ingest files to multiple lacations. Any one have experiance w/PM 4.5 that they care to share?
Many thanks,

BVA

I'm a new photo mechanic user. I like it and use it primarily as a browser. It's fast and stable, far faster for browsing a large folder of NEF's, than the latest version of ACDSee.

I don't understand what you mean by "ingest files to multiple locations", so can't help you there. :redface:

Never used ACD See so I don;t know if you can do this, but in PM you can import from CF to 2 drives, which is what he means. Izts like a backup right when you import.

I have just started using Photo Mechanic, too, on my Mac, and I am really pleased with it. I was able to review and sort through a bunch of images in nothing flat! I have not used ACDSee so cannot offer comparisons of the two programs, nor have I used PM with a Windows-based machine. For me, PM is a wonderful asset to my workflow.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom