Photo painting

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by photoloco, Apr 18, 2007.

1. I took an overexposed picture, added an artistic filter in CS2 and came away with an interesting effect. C&C welcomed.
    Original shot
    DSC_0001.

With filter
    tracks.

2. I think they are both nice images for different reasons. The soft ethereal look as the tracks meander back into what could almost be described as mist in the first image is great. I also like the sharper focus and enhanced colors of the second.

3. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    well done on both

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Both great images
    The original is rather special

5. Same picture, different treatments evoke different emotions about the setting.... well done!

6. I like em both :biggrin:

7. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Such a different mood between the two. I like the effect of the filter, but I prefer the mysterious, ethereal quality of the first image. It also looks like a painting as I look at it on my monitor.

8. KrysiaG

KrysiaG Guest

Love the artistic filter. Great job!

9. I like them both as well. The first image almost looks IR.

10. Ron, nice transformation.
    Your original photo looks great, but the modified one looks even more dramatic.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

11. I think if you would have just layer masked the tracks in the original with the filtered effect it would have worked out nice, but I do like that second one a lot. NIce job.

12. I like the retouch...good job!

13. Thanks for sharing this image. I have often thought about doing something like this and having it printed on canvas. Now all I need to do is develop the photograhic skills to get the image I am looking for.

To me the painted image is much more compelling and I would be pleased to hang it in my home. Thanks for showing us more possibilities!

14. Arif

Arif Guest

Like them both, maybe for different parts of the home ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.