Photo Shoot with Lin

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by augustai, Aug 16, 2008.

1. augustai

augustai

Mar 18, 2008
    Singapore
  2. btg1

btg1

Jun 20, 2008
    USA
    I love #3 especially, the expression, angles, framing, very nice!
    For me, #2 and #5 suffer a little from the background "going through her head" and #4 background I find too bright...Having said that I do really like the angles of #5...
    It's a great set of pictures :)

3. nice set of images
    Lin is quite pretty
    #3 is my favorite

her hair is over-sharpened in #1, by the way

thanks for sharing

4. What follows is only my opinion and can be safely ignored if you like

Nice series.
    IMO #3 is the best, the composition is much better than the others, the colors are saturated and the subject is very intriguing.

Even so, I think this could be improved by some changes in the crop.

The left hand side of the image is a very light blue featureless wall that is at a slant and so throws the picture off a bit. (the color doesn't match the rest of the picture either)
    The woman's eyes are almost at the midpoint of the picture vertically.

croppedasiangirlsmallfo2.jpg
    By llorton

I would straighten the image thus removing the wall - its color doesn't fit the rest of the picture anyway.
    Then I would crop tighter. This puts her beautiful eyes at a stronger position in the frame.
    A little area sharpening to intensify the color.

croppedasiangirlui0.jpg
    By llorton

5. BTW, I just read that this was your second time trying portraits.
    These are just great and even remarkable for a second try.
    Congratulations.

6. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
    I think that this is a great set. I like #5 the best. I agree with Greg that her hair is over sharpened in #1.

7. augustai

augustai

Mar 18, 2008
    Singapore
    Thanks guys for all your insightful comments. I definitely have a long way to go to all the masterpieces that I see being produced in some of the threads here.

I will definitely keep trying.

By the way, the entire set of her photos can be found at http://www.pbase.com/augustinetai/outdoor_portraits__16_august_2008

Thank so much!