Photo Shop 6.0 help

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by biggstr6, Aug 31, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Im embarrassed to say ,ive had this program for years and have only dabbled once or twice with it. I would like to start using it , but am starting totaly from scratch.

At the moment I seem to have lost the menu bar across the top. Can anyone help me restore the menu bar?

I have a basic book im going to start learning with ,but it has nothing about finding the menu bar and without that i think im dead in the water.

Thanks for any help.

2. I don't know if it is the same in PS6, but in PSP9 if I right-click in the program window there is a choice for tool bars in the menu that pops up. I can then choose the tool bar I need. Good luck.

3. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks ,but mine is on a mac & I have no right & left click on my mouse.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Across the top of the prog does it have an option. window, or maybe view.

If yes try to see what options it offers. See if you can find, set as default :>)))

Also in the retouching room on dpreview they can give you tons of help :>)))

5. Isn't the MAC's "right click" equivalent to Command+Click?

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    OK ,I started PS again its there this time. Dont know exactly what I did but I can go from here.

Still having a hard time Using FMs Matte plugin .Im really lost in photoshop .
    Ill browse around DPR .

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Good to hear that you got it started again Biggs. PS is an enormously complicated program that has about eleven way to accomplish anything. PS6 however is a bit dated. It does not work with RAW images, and lacks some of the functionality of newer versions. I have no doubt you'll be able to use it to accomplish good things, but the upgrade to the current version (9 or CS2 as they prefer to call it) is $169 US. That is a rocking price for a very powerful program. With the current version, folks here and elsewhere will have an easier time helping you.

8. I agree with Chris. Get the update in the box so you get the manual.
    Total Training (Google it) sells 21 hours of instruction on DVDs for $300 that you can turn around and sell for $200 in 10 minutes.

PS is way too complicated to expect operating instructions here. Specific questions, yes, but nothing this general.

Woody

9. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks for the advice guys , I had always planned on taking a class but never got around to it.

I think the upgrade is the way to go.