Photo show in T.O. this weekend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clickcanada, May 1, 2007.

1. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
  2. crazykid

crazykid

Dec 16, 2006
    Ontario Canada
    I was just gonna post about this. Im thinking about going to check it out on Sunday... but im not sure if its worth the hour drive into Toronto for?

It looks like it could be intresting... Ill have to wait and see what teh weather is like, it might be a good day to get out and shoot.

3. I went last year, more like a huge sales exhibit - you can get deals on stuff, lenses (but usually not the good Nikon line), gear (great deal last time on the reflector disk sets). They sell off all their stock, ie bags, tripods, etc. There are classes they give but more for the newbies. This year, they are having some classes for "setting up a photography biz", etc but nothing that excites me enough to drive all the way to the airport and brave the throngs.

4. I went once out of curiosity and left after a very short time (also free tickets). I'd say if it's a nice weekend, better to be out shooting :tongue: In any case, like Sandi alluded to, it's not in Toronto, but in Mississauga at the International Centre (near the airport), which may be better or worse depending on where you are travelling from :smile:

5. some of the the exhibitions in this http://www.contactphoto.com/ sound like time better spent if not out shooting.

shame this wasn't going on in the summer...

6. AndrewT

AndrewT

Mar 18, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    Get a complimentary ticket to the show here.

7. Went to the one in Ottawa in October here, it wasn't all that thrilling. Mostly stuff from vendors, got to see some other stuff. A few sales to watch for in-city, that was about it. Some cheap bags and a few other small items for sale there.

For free, it might be worth your while if you're around.

8. I am going to be going around for Doors Open Hamilton this weekend so no Henry's show for me. I went last year and it was "ok" but not great.

9. Adding to Stephen's post, Doors Open Toronto is not to be missed - some extra special stuff this year!!! :wink: