1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Photo Sling Bag

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Seneca, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
  2. hey seneca
    i did see that bag in person once, i think
    it's quite nice
    takes some getting used to, the way you rotate it to use it

great find
    nice movie
    i love when you can actually see how it is to be used

3. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    I have a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW and love it. It's getting a little small tho, as my Nikon kit expands.

LPSS200AW.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. ~Emily~

~Emily~

Apr 13, 2008
    TN
    I purchased a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW a couple of months ago and took it back the next day. I put everything in and tried it out but was not comfortable at all when carrying or trying to pull it around to access gear. I guess it isn't really made for a 5'5" dumpy woman with average-sized boobs. I can see it working wonderfully for men, though. :) 

As I mentioned in another thread I recently purchased a Naneu Pro Sierra shoulder bag and love it.

http://www.naneupro.com/products/mo-s/

I still want a backpack type of bag and may check out the Lowepro flipside.

5. mattsteg

mattsteg

Aug 10, 2007
    MN
    Other than being a tad tight for carrying something like my 80-200/2.8 mounted on-camera, I'm not sure how much bigger you'd really want it. When full, it's about as heavy (or more so) as I'd really want that style of bag to be. The bigger one I think I'd have a tendency to fill with too much heavy crap.

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I like the design better than the Lowepro from the video anyway. For knocking around these are ok, but for a hike of longer than a mile, I found that loaded down, these things can get really uncomfortable with all the weight on one shoulder. That's my basic issue with the sling bag. I didnt' really care to much for how the 200 opens. I like the opening back on the Tenba too. I like an even weight distribution, that means the standard backpack or a harness system suites my style better.

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    It may be a nice bag, but I refuse to buy it based upon the singing at the opening of the video. I couldn't hit the Stop button fast enough. I may be scarred for life.

8. rampal

rampal

May 4, 2008
    @Newbury, UK
    I got the Kata 3N1-30 which have the possibility to change it to a normal backpack or cross the straps on the front (sort of "mexican" style, hehe) and it is very comfortable for hiking in that aspect (I did 10 miles last week on the mountain). I usually bring with me the D300+grip, the 24-70 f/2.8, the tokina 11-16 and the 10.5mm and now with this one I can also have the 70-200 f/2.8 in the kit as well (with a monopod). It also has a belt, which allows you to better position the weight in your back. Overall very happy.

9. lovD300

lovD300

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    This might sound odd, but lately I have been using my diaper bag as a diaper/lens bag. and it actually works pretty good. It is a "diaper dude" bag. They are pretty good. And I am actually looking at getting another just to use for camera equipment. The bag has three pouches in the front that is good to put lenses in and has still a large compartment too.

Crazy I know...

10. Got one of those too...Great bag to deal with:tongue:

11. I'm with you on the weight thing. I have a Slingshot 300 (all the better to pack everything in!!!). Now I'm young (relatively) and strong and in shape (i run 6 miles a day) but all that weight was just too much for one shoulder going up, down, over rocks, under branches, etc!!! :tongue: And the waist strap doesn't help much, either. So now I pack it a bit lighter and don't try to go so far with it... for a true hike, a back-pack is just so much better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.