Photo suggestions for southern Virginia and Chesapeake Peninsula

Would appreciate photo suggestions for around southern part of Virginia and the Chesapeake Peninsula.

Attending the Look3 Photo Symposium in Charlottesville, Virginia, in June and then staying in Smithfield (near Norfolk) several days before taking the bridge/tunnel across to the Chesapeake Peninsula. On the Peninsula we plan an overnight in Onancock, catching the ferry to Tangier island for a day trip, then several days in Oxford, Maryland before heading home to Colorado. Will likely visit Cape Charles and Chincoteague Island in Virginia and Chestertown and Chesapeake City in Maryland. Looking for photo suggestions, and specific locations.

If anyone is knowledgeable about the peninsula, I have two locations I would specifically like to find/re-visit. Several decades ago, while visiting my father in Chestertown when he was alive, I visited a small white church somewhere on the peninsula which had graves sites, in front, above the ground and another location where many old, weathered crabbing boats were dumped. Anyone know these specific locations, if they still exist?

Thanks ahead for any help and suggestions.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom