Photo trip to New Mexico - Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by TomD., Sep 13, 2008.

1. TomD.

TomD.

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, Texas
    I planning a 3 day photo trip to the Albuquerque - Sante Fe - Taos region in the next couple of weeks. The focus is pueblos and the New Mexican culture. Stop include:
    Taos Pueblo, Tent Rocks, Pecos, National Historical Park. High Road to Taos, Acoma Pueblo. What nuggets am I missing in this region?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Also posted in General Discussion thread

2. Tom,

Be sure to check what photography is allowed at those places. We were there a long time ago and I seem to recall some restrictions at one or both of the two Pueblos.

You might also want to see if Canyon de Chelly would fit in your plan, It is just across the AZ border.

Bob

3. gerryblake

gerryblake

Jan 29, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Hey Tom,

I was just in New Mexico last year. Loved it and cant wait to get back!!! We hit many places in my 5 days there. Seems like we drove about 200+ miles a days the whole time. I would say that Tent Rock and High Road to Taos were my favs. It is always fun to walk around Sante Fe and stop in and have drinks with the locals. Have fun on your trip.

My New Mexico Photos 2007

http://gerryblake.com/pics/NM2007/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.