Photo Wall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DABO, Mar 27, 2007.

1. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I'm looking for pictures of, or ideas for, a "photo wall" for my house.

Traditionally, I've always framed and matted with about 3" on each side. Placing one picture here and another one there.

I'm thinking that I'd like to try "crowding" lots of pictures together, for two reasons. One is that I'd like to try that effect. The other is that my wife is changing rooms around and I've got less wall space now.

I'm thinking about possibly using those frameless glass frames with the metal clips, but those only come in standard sizes. I could probably figure out how to make my own, though. Or possibly dry mounting pictures and just hanging them that way, with no frame or glass. And putting the pictures just a couple of inches away from each other.

I have 8' ceilings, and I would guess that pictures shouldn't be lower than 3' above the floor and higher than about 6 1/2'. That would mean no more than about 3 pictures high. I'm not sure how this would look. Too much in one space?

My wife has also suggested putting pictures on the walls along the staircase from the first floor to the second floor.

Can I see what you've done?

DAB

2. The Gallery System is what I use. I have since added one more Vertical on the left, with more pictures beneath. To have things hang closer to the wall, I will add more hangers so that the large pieces are hung on 2 hangers and the 3rd, dropping through the middle, will only hang the smaller one below. No extra holes, easy to change the pictures and orientation. I'll have to get a picture of the whole thing up in the next week or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017