Photo workshop ideas wanted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DABO, Apr 30, 2007.

1. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    My life is filled to the brim with obligations. Not bad obligations, but obligations nonetheless. I don’t have that many weekends that I can (or want to) say goodbye to my family and leave for a few days. It looks to me like the weekend of June 24 is one of those weekends. I can take 3 or 4 days without guilt or problems with work.

What’s particularly good that time of year? Is the southwest desert in bloom? Is it spring in Maine? Since I don’t have that many days, I’d prefer not to drive or fly more than 3-4 hours or so from New Jersey.

Is there a place that lists desirable locations by date? Is there a place that lists available photo workshops by date? Anybody know of any good workshops that weekend?

DAB

2. Trade you places, amigo. From my place the nearest airport is an hour's
    drive and three hours of driving gets you three more hours of the same
    mountains and rivers. Of course, where I live is of my own choosing but
    I'd like to have your '3-4 hour' zone to explore. Guess the grass is always
    greener on the other side the fence.

3. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I think my grass is pretty green - yours is just a different shade of green. I get loads of ethnic, architectural, historic, cultural, educational, sport, opportunity, geographic and other types of variety. What I give up to get those things is wide open spaces and lack of congestion (but serenity, mountains and forests are only a couple of hours away!),

DAB