Photobucket vs Smug Mug.

OK, I have a question, I been using photobucket for years without issues till they changed software a few months ago.
Here are 2 pictures, The first one is from photobucket and the 2nd is from smug mug, Same picture uploaded to each site, I find that photobucket isn't as good as handling colors as smug mug is.
Look at the TAS on the Corvette door. Why is this happening?
Thanks.

Photobucket.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Smug Mug.

Here are the default settings in one of my Smugmug galleries -

Looks like a better resolution on smugmug. You might also want to try Zenfolio. I've been with them for years.

Carole

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Same settings I am using on smug, Do you know of a way to improve the rez on PB?
I don't know about the available settings on Photobucket or any of the other image hosting sites. I actually have the mild sharpening turned off in most of the galleries on mine but it's nice to have the choice.

I don't know about the available settings on Photobucket or any of the other image hosting sites. I actually have the mild sharpening turned off in most of the galleries on mine but it's nice to have the choice.
I never seen any settings in PB, I will check.
Thanks.
Bill

Strange results and one that I have not noticed with PB although I have not looked to compare just accepted whatever I get. I do not use SM but is it possible that your account has some default sharpening applied?

It is possible to sharpen and use several tools in PB just go to your library mouse over your image and right click. Select edit and this will take you to a page with various icons to change the image inclluding sharpen.

Strange results and one that I have not noticed with PB although I have not looked to compare just accepted whatever I get. Is it possible that your Smug Mug account has some default sharpening applied?

It is possible to sharpen and use several tools in PB just go to your library mouse over your image and right click. Select edit and this will take you to a page with various icons to change the image inclluding sharpen.
I will try that, But that would mean more work where I never had to do it before, It seems to me it is more than just a little sharping involved, But I will look into it. Something on FB decreases the quality from the picture I uploaded.
Thanks again.
Bill

The decrease in quality is due to PB resizing your image - something I was not aware of as I usually do not go above 1000 pixels max dimension.

Your images are different sizes:
PB Image size 1024x575 @ 1.68MB
SM Image size 1600x899 @ 4.12MB

You can customise the sizes and link to the original size image if larger than 1024 pixels have a look Here

Max size for BEST IQ is 900 wide on da 'bucket. Just sayin' :biggrin:
(used to be 800 then they bumped it up, awhile ago)
I enjoy mind blowing IQ @900 wide...try it!

The decrease in quality is due to PB resizing your image - something I was not aware of as I usually do not go above 1000 pixels max dimension.

Your images are different sizes:
PB Image size 1024x575 @ 1.68MB
SM Image size 1600x899 @ 4.12MB

You can customise the sizes and link to the original size image if larger than 1024 pixels have a look Here

Thanks
Playing with photobucket I noticed that if I have checked Display my linked photos
in their original sizes the image quality is a lot better. I didn't have that checked before.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom