PhotoDawg made me do it

Discussion in 'People' started by PhilY, Aug 27, 2005.

1. With all the talking to himself while trying to figure out how to post a pic, I thought maybe I should see if *I* can figure it out. :biggrin:

Humm -- that looks pretty easy. Now to see if it works.

BTW, the conversation before the second pic went like this:

"WAIT -- don't take it yet. The wind is blowing my .... *click*

hehheh

Phil

(slaps forehead) I forgot the ".jpg". Sheesh Big dummy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005
  2. Humm -- must not be as easy as it looked. Now to see if I can figure out why they didn't show. The links appeared correct. ((shrug))

Phil

3. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    added ".jpg" :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005
  4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Pretty girls, nice lighting, good detail.

6. Thanks, Iliah. I finally figured it out. I have an excuse, though -- it's late -- or, there's a hurricane coming -- or, something. Surely it can't be because I'm stupid. :rolleyes: 

Phil

7. Sssushh, Patrick -- don't tell anybody but I read that *before* I posted. Oh, well. heh

Phil

8. Thanks, Gordon. Only the first one is a "girl". The second is my daughter. There's a difference, isn't there? :biggrin:

The first was with fill-flash on a bright, sunny day in the shade of a large tree. Here's a natural light shot from the same test session. (if I don't goof the post again)

The second was at a photo setup at a resturant in Destin, FL. The have this huge fake alligator you can sit on and they will take your pic for $5 - $10 or something. There was one hot light always on to illuminate the area and as part of the photo setup plus two strobes in umbrellas. I guess they didn't think some fool would come along with a lens with a great big hole in it and use only the hot light. :smile:

Phil

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005

The name of that restauant escapes me but I remember it. I've been to Destin several times and it is one of our favorite vacation spots. One of my favorite restaurants in on the main drag there and it is named something "egg" My memory is failing me as it is so late. It is a little hole in the wall but they have the best omlets there.

I take it you live in Destin?

10. No, thank goodness. If I lived in Destin, I would probably be driving North right now instead of posting. :biggrin:

Was down there for a vacation last week.

I think the name of the breakfast place you are talking about is "The Broken Egg". Great place to eat breakfast along with "The Donut Hole". The freakshow / restaurant with the 'gators (and about anything else you can imagine) is Fudpucker's -- a fantastic place to eat if you can manage the wait. Here's a shot of Fud's from the parking lot. You will probably remember it from this:

Phil

11. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I've been to Fudpuckers, buts it was a long time ago.
    Got a Tshirt that said "You ain't been pucked 'til you've been fudpucked."
    I think I cried when I had to declare that tshirt dead, it was one of my favorites.

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I've eaten at "the broken egg 2"....I was pregnant at the time and I think the waitress was amazed at how much food one little person could put away(i wasn't really showing yet). the food was amazing....that was 4 years ago and i still think about it! Thanks for the memory!

Nice shots btw!

13. Well, the thing to do is replace it.

http://shop.fudpucker.com/default.cfm

They now also have a variation on the theme, "You ain't been boned 'til you've been fishboned"

As would be stated in the vernacular of The Great Southern States of America -- those boys ain't right. :biggrin:

Phil

14. Thanks, Leigh.

I've never had the pleasure of being pregnant but I can put away quite a load of food at that place myself. It tends to make lunch a moot point. :smile:

Phil

15. WHOO HOO!!! Way to go Phil....YOU DID IT!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.