Photographer one of the worst jobs in America

I was talked out of it when still in college by a pro going back to school to do something else. He was tired of being bullied by art directors and agency folks. I did a few more shoots and got a job in accounting. Less shooting, better equipment, more money.

Worst job ever ;)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

They don't specify what they mean by a "Photographer".
Properly qualified, with a college-training behind one so that you have the both the breadth of knowledge and the necessary technical skills to deliver stellar results (even under the most difficult circumstances), I believe that photography will continue to be a pretty exciting and rewarding profession for those with the stamina and determination to succeed.

Last edited:
They don't specify what they mean by a "Photographer".
Properly qualified, with a college-training behind one so that you have the both the breadth of knowledge and the necessary technical skills to deliver stellar results (even under the most difficult circumstances), I believe that photography will continue to be a pretty exciting and rewarding profession for those with the stamina and determination to succeed.
The article looks to be very generalistic and broadly applied so while I agree, I'd also say your post could apply to all/most of the positions listed there.

A Professional Photographer could be part of nearly every industrial, commercial, creative, scientific or social endeavour that one can think of.

That is why I felt that the article generalised much too broadly when it said that being a "Photographer" was one of the worst jobs without stating which field of photography he was talking about.

These days, it becomes increasingly important to have considerable ancillary skills if a Photographer wishes to advance beyond being more than just an entry-level assistant Cameraman.

A Professional Photographer could be part of nearly every industrial, commercial, creative, scientific or social endeavour that one can think of.

That is why I felt that the article generalised much too broadly when it said that being a "Photographer" was one of the worst jobs without stating which field of photography he was talking about.

These days, it becomes increasingly important to have considerable ancillary skills if a Photographer wishes to advance beyond being more than just an entry-level assistant Cameraman.
Well stated Ann.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom