1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Photographer photographed at Oregon Dam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill N, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Bill N

Bill N Guest

2. He was probably doing some evening long exposure photography. :wink:

Can't wait to see his pics on Flickr!

3. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I was almost inclined to agree with you but then I decided to actually read the article.

Mind you, this is not the average amateur photographer taking pictures of the dam. Now of course this could be one photographer who just though “I don't care about the barbed wire, that is the spot I want to take pictures” and who just happened to wear camouflage gear.

But the article states clearly that it's the behavior that raises concern (wearing camo gear, crossing barbed fences), not the plain fact that the guy is taking pictures.

4. He should've rented a bear costume instead of the camo

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Peter,

I really don’t think the issue is about dam photographer (thanks for the google search link of pretty dam pictures), but more about a guy clearly entering a restricted area. Come on dressed in camo, climbing a razor wire fence in the middle of the night… I’m not staying this brain surgeon actual has any bad intentions, but he entered a property without authorization and did use some element of force. He should have to answer questions about just what the heck he was doing.

6. Yeah, this is definitely NOT the typical "photographer harassed by cops" story. I did this sort of thing MANY times - when I was 13, 14, 15. Long before 9/11. Long before dams were listed as high value targets by extremist groups.

At best this guy is guilty of criminal trespass and needs to be held accountable. Stupid acts like this are WHY so many photogs get harassed in the first place!

7. hahahhahaha :tongue::tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.