Photographer Prevails In First Amendment vs Privacy Case

Real Name
Chris
Sounds just like the Nusenzweig decision the NY Supremes dismissed, what 8 years ago now? Art is still permissible in New York, even if it is controversial.

FYI, the New York Supreme Court is the not the highest court in New York (although the name is easily confused with the highest court in other states). Thus, the dismissal could still be appealed.

Real Name
Chris
FYI, the New York Supreme Court is the not the highest court in New York (although the name is easily confused with the highest court in other states). Thus, the dismissal could still be appealed.
The Court of Appeals would not likely overturn their 2006 decision in Nussenzweig vs De Corcia where the idea of candid photography being a First Amendment right, even when the photographs are used to promote the photographer was established. However the issue of civil rights may have been included so plaintiffs could appeal to federal court. So yeah, you are correct, I suspect we haven't heard the last of this.

I can't imagine any court doing anything except for dismissing it - he shot from a place that he had the right to shoot from and didn't include faces in the final shots. I said it before - if you live in a glass house without proper blinds/curtains, you have to expect creeps to be creeps and have no reasonable expectation of privacy.

The only one doing anything that I consider creepy was the photog. Legally right is different from "right" which is far more subjective.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom