Photographer v Squirrel

Hmm... why is the squirrel in focus and the couple aren't? After all, the people are supposed to be the subject of the photograph.

Does a camera now focus only once the self-timer is finished? Or did the couple have to pre-focus on the spot they would be sitting?

Something doesn't add up.

I think that the squirrel had an accomplice who refocused on the squirrel :wink:

I wondered exactly the same thing. But with some of the new AF modes on cameras, it could be a issue where the camera is set to closest focus and will adjust when the shutter trips. We would need to know more about what type of camera to know if this could happen wouldn't we?

Hmm... why is the squirrel in focus and the couple aren't? After all, the people are supposed to be the subject of the photograph.

Does a camera now focus only once the self-timer is finished? Or did the couple have to pre-focus on the spot they would be sitting?

Something doesn't add up.

I had the same thoughts but then read on another forum a couple of members have PAS camera's which will focus just before the shutter fires...never heard of it myself but that's what they said...

Yup, camera will focus on closest priority just before shutter fires. Especially with a obvious large contrast like the squirrel against the background, makes it easy for the camera.

Even if this was revealed as Internet Hoax of the Week, I would still acclaim them as geniuses and shake them warmly by the hand for making me smile so much!
(I think it's kosher BTW)

Nick

Great shot for sure. I can believe it happening. The squirrels at the Grand Canyon will do things like this.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom