1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Photographer v Squirrel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bilkeau, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Bilkeau

Bilkeau

Mar 8, 2009
    London
  2. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Cool shot!

3. That is a funny shot. Must be very memorable for the couple.

4. Guest-004

Guest-004 Guest

Mar 11, 2008
    SE Pennsylvania
    haha! how odd.

5. OCIR

OCIR

Mar 24, 2009
    MD
    oh wow! that's amazing!

6. davidC

davidC

Mar 10, 2009
    MD
    haha that is pretty awesome!

7. Wow, that deserves a friggin award. I want a picture like that!

8. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    They could not have planned a better shot than that! Love it!

Regards,
    John

9. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    That's very funny!

10. Hmm... why is the squirrel in focus and the couple aren't? After all, the people are supposed to be the subject of the photograph.

Does a camera now focus only once the self-timer is finished? Or did the couple have to pre-focus on the spot they would be sitting?

Something doesn't add up.

11. I think that the squirrel had an accomplice who refocused on the squirrel :wink:

I wondered exactly the same thing. But with some of the new AF modes on cameras, it could be a issue where the camera is set to closest focus and will adjust when the shutter trips. We would need to know more about what type of camera to know if this could happen wouldn't we?

12. I had the same thoughts but then read on another forum a couple of members have PAS camera's which will focus just before the shutter fires...never heard of it myself but that's what they said...

13. Yup, camera will focus on closest priority just before shutter fires. Especially with a obvious large contrast like the squirrel against the background, makes it easy for the camera.

14. Average Joe

Average Joe

May 19, 2009
    here
  15. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    hahaha wow thatscool, what are the odds

16. Weston

Weston

Dec 29, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    That's so funny!

17. Bilkeau

Bilkeau

Mar 8, 2009
    London
    Even if this was revealed as Internet Hoax of the Week, I would still acclaim them as geniuses and shake them warmly by the hand for making me smile so much!
    (I think it's kosher BTW)

Nick

18. Joves

Joves

Feb 10, 2009
    Nowhereland
    Great shot for sure. I can believe it happening. The squirrels at the Grand Canyon will do things like this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.