"Photographer's Guide to xxxx " books ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BostonRott, Jul 16, 2007.

1. While buzzing about Amazon, I saw two books which sounded interesting: Photographer's guide to Vermont and Photographer's Guide to Cape Cod and the Islands.

Anyone ever used one of these? Thoughts on it?

2. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I've seen these around here for various places (Yosemite etc). Personally, I'd rather explore the area myself than be handed a predetermined location. It's more rewarding, and it leads to better photos (and not immitations).

3. Understood. :smile: I like to explore too, but figured if I had some interesting starting points, it might help. Having a 2yr old in tow limits the amount of time one has to explore/photograph so I thought maybe books such as these could help cut out some of the dead time. :wink:

4. Sometimes the hiking guides and various day trip guides for a given area offer opportunities for photographers.

5. adaml

adaml

Feb 21, 2006
    chicago
    I have the book in this series on Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. If you don't have the time to wander around searching out your own sites, I think these guides are useful.

They are slim volumes although with fairly detailed information. What I found particularly helpful was the information on seasonal changes in shooting opportunities.

6. Thank you Adam! :smile:

7. I have one from AAA on photographing National Parks. Depends why you're there, I guess. I used to shoot pictures and hike to get there. These days I hike, and shoot pictures along the way.