Photographic Feedom at Last:)

Besides taking for me some great images, I finally given myself some freedom. The best two things that happened for me photographically was 1) Getting a Sigma OS Maco 18-250 to shoot video with, and finding out that it is a good to very good still lens (My D7000 is now a super point and shoot), and deciding to keep my D200 (even though I'm getting a D7100) and using it as my always in the car camera with the old 24-85 D 2.8-4.

I normally do my imaging in trips for either a full day or multiple days. For the last three weeks I've had the camera in the car for every trip. I realize how many images I've missed. So now my long travel kit (meaning air plane) is my
D7000 with the super zoom and everyday I'm imaging with my trust old D200 and 24-85.

Here's a shot I would have missed on my daily dog walk:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You can visit my monthly see to how my D7000/Sigma work as a travel kit.

I don't plan on giving up my good Nikkors for my serious imaging days, but having simplified my travel kit (was a two lens m43 kit, which I am keeping also - camera collector?) to a single body and zoom, and having a good but inexpensive D200/24-85 in my car always ready has truly got me excited again, enough to image every day now giving me true photographic freedom.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom