Photographic Memory

Sometimes it's amazing how vividly photos can take me to a place and time. While cleaning up files I ran across these images shot back in 2011. It's a set shot on the Madison River in Yellowstone that I never processed and had forgotten all about. I went out one morning looking for wildlife and didn't have any luck. As consolation I walked down to the river and took a few shots. I can't recall that I've ever given that morning another thought since. But when I ran across these images the memory came back so vividly it's as if it was yesterday. It was one of those beautiful cold/still mornings of fall.

1) The scene from above as I came down the hillside.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) View from river level.

3) Water reflecting the sunlit hillside on the other side of the river.

4) Looking down river as I was leaving.

Beautiful scenes. I can see why they would stir memories.
Thanks, Jim. Glad you enjoyed the shots.
Beautiful. They stir up memories for me, too. I know where these photos were taken.
That's interesting, Terri. Hope any memories evoked are good ones.
Superb scenery Dan, a memory reminder for sure.
Thanks, Louie.
It's understandable why those scenes would bring back such vivid memories. My photos also bring back great memories, so much so that I don't even care any more whether the memories are accurate! :D
I'm on board with that, Mike. Everyone remembers things through their own mind's eye. Might as well make them fond/enjoyable memories :)

The power of a good photograph at its best in preserving and bringing back memories!
And as photographers we are blessed in multiple ways—we are reminded of the act of shooting, the place, the time and even the lessons learned.
Love #3 and #4, especially!

Beautiful images. Definitely bring back fond memories.
Thanks for commenting, Phil. Glad you enjoyed them.
The power of a good photograph at its best in preserving and bringing back memories!
And as photographers we are blessed in multiple ways—we are reminded of the act of shooting, the place, the time and even the lessons learned.
Love #3 and #4, especially!
Exactly so. I think that extra time that we take as photographers to think about creating the image really etches that moment into memory.
Wonderful hidden treasures Dan.
Thanks, Bill.
My fav is #2 but they are all beautiful Dan.
Glad you enjoyed the post, Binnur.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom