Photographing my Mom, this is hard!

Discussion in 'People' started by Doug, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    She wouldn't give me much time, it was really just do a basic setup, and shoot. I kept saying one more to get enough out of the shoot to hopefully have something. Here are the best I felt. Your thoughts?

I did a little basic softening, some warming, changed the brightness a bit. I was struggling with the lighting. But, I guess I did halfway ok. I sort of like 2 and 3 myself, favoring 2 for her personality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, the handsome boy in the top left is none other than, someone... ;)

The middle picture was my Sister Terry, and the right photo my Sister Susie. Incidentally, the photos above her started as black and whites, and my Mom colored them. Quite amazing how vivid the colors remain in mine and Susie's. Terry's I think the colors were more pastele to begin with, maybe the time...

2. Dave, the second picture of your mom is quite nice, I like it. She is slim and trim and that is great for people as they age. A lovely lady.

3. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I can see why you like #2. She looks so at ease and I can almost feel her personality. Nice captures all round and my fav is #2 too.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Gordon. hehe. *it's really Doug here, not Dave.

I think number 2 is the winner myself. She wants a photo to send her cousin who sent one of him, I drug my feet getting this done, so finally tonight I got some gear down and gave it a go.

She wasn't to patient, so I wasn't able to take many tries.

RE her weight, yes, she's thin alright, not weighing a hundred pounds. She's really to little, but she's been that way a long time, guess she's not going to change now.

5. I knew that, just a slip between brain and keyboard. Thanks Doug.