Photographing the birds

Dad was nice enough to perch here and allow time for a thoughtful composition.

141421954-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As luck would have it several days later his offspring did the same thing. I'm going to print and frame these two images together one of these days.

141421971-O.jpg

I talked to this heron until he moved into the light and posed parallel to my sensor for me. He came way closer than I expected but I was happy he did. The light was filtering through some trees and didn't touch his face until he got to this spot.

141421737-O.jpg

Always a beauty and I never pass up an opportunity for a shot at one of these. The purple in the background is a Wysteria vine.

141421781-O.jpg

Holy Cow Andy. After months of no pic posts, you drop these beauties on us. Did you get fired?? Quit??? Solve all your problems at work???? :biggrin:

BTW, if you aren't busy this weekend, why don't you take me to see these babies. :eek: :rolleyes: :smile:

Beautiful Andy
That you Eagle is real young
Great shots of Dad and the Kid:>)))) Dad sure looks mighty proud:>))

I can not get a cardinal....grrrrrrrr
Saw one possible today, and put some seed. Lets see if I can sneek a shot tomorrow maybe.

Yours are beautiful

Mr GBH is beautiful...

Our big GBH at Viera is hurt. Don't know if he will make it with the injury he has.
Hurts to much to look at and process it.
I think thats the one we call the Mayor of Viera....Sad

Wonderful series Andy. The juvie is will soon mature to fill dad's talons.

Thank you Frank, sorry I missed you this year.

Holy Cow Andy. After months of no pic posts, you drop these beauties on us. Did you get fired?? Quit??? Solve all your problems at work???? :biggrin:

BTW, if you aren't busy this weekend, why don't you take me to see these babies. :eek: :rolleyes: :smile:

No, no and no to the questions but I am beginning to see a glimmer of light. By the way I am about to do a major upgrade on my equipment very soon. As soon as I get set I will give you a shout so we can go shooting!

Beautiful Andy
That you Eagle is real young
Great shots of Dad and the Kid:>)))) Dad sure looks mighty proud:>))

I can not get a cardinal....grrrrrrrr
Saw one possible today, and put some seed. Lets see if I can sneek a shot tomorrow maybe.

Yours are beautiful

Mr GBH is beautiful...

Our big GBH at Viera is hurt. Don't know if he will make it with the injury he has.
Hurts to much to look at and process it.
I think thats the one we call the Mayor of Viera....Sad

Thanks Gale. I hate to hear that about the Viera heron.

Good luck on the Cardinal. They are so stinking (family forum, I can cuss way better :biggrin: ) jumpy and it drives me nuts. They are plentiful here but so jumpy and jittery.

Sandbagger, You been holding out the Really nice stuff. Way to go Andy they are Absolutely Fantastic.

Thank Gary. I hope to join you very soon at the dam for some shooting.

Great shots Andy,will be watching for more love that youngster shot.

Thank you Tim. I too miss our pair from the dam but there's always next year maybe.

Latest threads

Top Bottom