Photokina 2008

Sept 23rd thru the 28th...What will Nikon have to offer. D90? New lenses?

I would love to go, even just to see what is out there. One of the local shops here brings all the vendors in for a special event, which is nice, but it is not where they announce new products sadly hehe, can't have everything I guess.

Well...They announce D90 and a new lenses...Does nikon have anything up there sleeve?

D3x?--24Mp Sensor?

thoughts?

No thought - just hope.

it will be introduced there.... or, by the end of the year elsewhere
that's the word
by 1/1/09 we'll have all the info

but.... the 24MP seems almost certain
D3X.... for studio shooters.... not sports folks
it'll be amazing
but....
so many of us aren't ready... or aren't willing to deal with 24MP images
- the drive space
- choking every bit of RAM just opening an image to be edited
- etc

The issue will be glass.

I keep seeing this concern pop up, but I have to ask - are Canon shooters having problems at 22mp with their 1Ds mk111s? I haven't read about anyone who has felt terribly limited by their lenses (not pro level lenses, anyway).

Plus, Nikon isn't going to throw a body out into the market that hasn't been tested thoroughly. Not one as expensive and highly anticipated as the hypothetical D3x. If this camera is within 6 months of release, their are already experienced test shooters using them now (Moose comes to mind as a likely shooter).

I know there is a theoretical limit to what current glass can do, but I don't believe we're there yet. Look at the native resolutions avalaible in medium and especially large format digital cameras...

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom