Photokina says show won't go on, as it says Auf Wiedersehen

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
The days of the trade show are numbered, sadly.

I go to a big building industry fair in Bologna nearly every year. One it took a whole day to visit just the sectors that where of interest, including some eye candy in the site equipment zone.

The last time I went it was a quarter of the size of the exhibition that was held ten years ago. I spent a morning seeing the things that interested me.

So I suppose, Photokina has just followed this downward trajectory.

We can get almost all the information from the internet now, but there is nothing like holding a piece of gear and having it explained by a good demonstrator. I do not see this decline of the trade show as something positive.

Real Name
Andrew
It’s been years since anyone has released any info of substance at a trade show.

most even started up front that they were going to release info after the fact and really, just used them as big hands on events. Leaked specs and the camera companies, I feel are more to blame for the demise of the trade show than the market or coronavirus.

The International Motorcycle Show thats normally in Chicago in Feb wont happen until Aug 2021 now (gonna be outdoors this time in Elgin IL).

Its changed A LOT over the years. We used to be chomping at the bit waiting to go. Come back with lots of stuff. Its just got lamer and lamer. I would say possibly a quarter of the vendors have NOTHING to do with motorcycling. Even some manufacturers quit showing up. Its been 3 yrs since I've gone last.

Latest threads

Top Bottom