Photologo

If anyone can suggest a good way to attach a Photologo signature I'd be thankful. I'm using PS6 and have my logo/signature saved, but I'm the LEAST computer savvy person in the entire Café and I have no clue how to use this logo that I just paid $50.00 for. (I know, but I thought it would be a one click deal.)

If anyone can suggest a good way to attach a Photologo signature I'd be thankful. I'm using PS6 and have my logo/signature saved, but I'm the LEAST computer savvy person in the entire Café and I have no clue how to use this logo that I just paid $50.00 for. (I know, but I thought it would be a one click deal.)
Add it as a layer and adjust opacity accordingly? Maybe even create an action to add it and position it accordingly.

Open photo - layer menu has insert a new layer. Open logo as a new doc. Copy it and paste it into the new layer of the first one. You may need to resize. You may need to decrease the opacity - under window menu select layers - when done you can flatten the image.
Save as a new image in case you ever want the original without the signature.
If you want to use the signature only on photos you have downsized for web viewer - downsize before pasting the layer (logo).

Real Name
Randy
there has to be an easier way. I don't use layers and wouldn't just to add a WM. In LR its very easy. Hosting from SM or ZF it's also very easy. If I had to use layers I'd probably try to find a friend who would write me an action to add the WM every time I saved as a jpg, just thinking outloud

Real Name
Ian
Yes, as Randy said the first question you need to answer is: What software do you use for editing?

From there, people would be able to tell you the easiest way to go about adding a WM to your photos. As Randy said, if you're using LR it's incredibly easy.

I'm interested to see what you got for your $50. Please could you post the file here so we can admire it.
That's part of the issue. I'm not impressed with this design that they sent me.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bobby, I don't want to further add confusion to the conversation, but it's very easy to make this logo signature into a "brush", after which you can put into your images anywhere you choose. There's lots of YouTube videos showing how to and when time permits I could certainly talk you through it.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
This is purely my personal opinion and philosophy so please take it as nothing more than that. While these fancy scripted signatures look attractive and "professional", they never resemble the real handwriting of the photographer. I am the first to admit that my own cursive handwriting is not very attractive, but I would never purchase one of these fancy logos with cursive or scripted name. Anyone who ultimately sees my handwriting on a contract will know it isn't my handwriting on the logo. If you have beautiful handwriting, use it. If not, practice until you get something you are happy with and can reproduce. Take a picture of your own handwritten signature and turn that into a logo.

Again, this is my own personal opinion and philosophy.

This is purely my personal opinion and philosophy so please take it as nothing more than that. While these fancy scripted signatures look attractive and "professional", they never resemble the real handwriting of the photographer. I am the first to admit that my own cursive handwriting is not very attractive, but I would never purchase one of these fancy logos with cursive or scripted name. Anyone who ultimately sees my handwriting on a contract will know it isn't my handwriting on the logo. If you have beautiful handwriting, use it. If not, practice until you get something you are happy with and can reproduce. Take a picture of your own handwritten signature and turn that into a logo.

Again, this is my own personal opinion and philosophy.
True, but my father is a Dr., and I inherited his handwriting pitfalls. Your point is well taken.

This is what I've been using. It takes about 15 seconds. Ribbet.com, $4.95 a month, and computer simpletons like me can do it. I think I'll stick with it. My grandfather was an architect/ painter in Indonesia in the 40's and 50's, and he had a simple signature similar to this. (I don't think he had Lightroom.) Plus, I don't market or do sales or contacts (birds don't pay for images). It's just photo credit.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For simple stuff you already got your answers.

I use TKActions in Photoshop. Very powerful and easy to use. They are especially made for Luminosity (and other) masking made easy.
They also have easy actions to reduce size, save to JPG and add a logo/copyright.

Highly recommended and very inexpensive.

Real Name
Randy
This is what I've been using. It takes about 15 seconds. Ribbet.com, $4.95 a month, and computer simpletons like me can do it. I think I'll stick with it. My grandfather was an architect/ painter in Indonesia in the 40's and 50's, and he had a simple signature similar to this. (I don't think he had Lightroom.) Plus, I don't market or do sales or contacts (birds don't pay for images). It's just photo credit.View attachment 1639782

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom