photos by NC members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff Mims, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    After being away for few months, I've gotten active again here in the cafe.
    What of the parts I really enjoyed is looking at the photos people have posted here, and at other sites. (like pbase).
    I would say the vast majority are better photographers than I am.

You know what? That's ok with me. It doesn't matter to me that someone else is better. That will always be the case, in every walk of life. However, I just enjoy looking at great photography. Some of your images have really inspired me.
    Not to be better than some of you, but to be a better photographer, 6 months from now, than I am today. I simply want to produce the best work I can, and hope one day it will inspire others. Or..at least give them enjoyment when viewing my work.
    But most of all, I do photography for me. I love it...and thanks again, everyone for making me feel at home, and for sharing your wonderful images.

2. Jeff, good photography is a very subjective issue. To me every photo is great because it wasn't shot by me.

I think we ALL get inspired by others and try to learn from their technique. As many people in the cafe have said before the best way to become a better photog is to go out there and shoot and shoot and shoot and never stop shooting. :wink: