Photos for a decorating magazine...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Flyfishdk, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

Got a job for a decorating magazine. they wanted to me to make some photos from a house they gona make an arcticle about. the theme is gona bee "class in the middleclass" or somthing like that. what do you think of the pics..

7copy.

8copy-1.

15copy.

18copy.

22copy.

20copy.

9copy.

17copy.

21copy.

1copy.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice images

I think this is a critique for MS Sandi:>)))))
    She knows this stuff well

3. *LOL* Thanks Gale! Nico, Gales says this because I'm in the real estate industry.

You've done very well on these. I like your angles, I like the lens you've used. The clothing in #4 should have been tidied up, but that's not your job. You've done a good job by shooting with bright natural light, but also having the interior lighting on - very important. You've pulled some outdoors inside the house in #7, they pic of the livingroom.
    #8 I would have changed my angle to shoot the cubbyholes only because the rest of the pic is confusing - I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look at. The cat in #9 is a great touch! :smile:
    You did very well. What does the publisher think so far?

4. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi Gale and Sandi

Thanks for the nice words. I work in the realestate business aswell.... I'm working for the biggest company ther deliever photos in to them in Denmark ( www.esoft.dk ) . We are 40 fulltime photographers in the company. This job was for a decorating mag that we do some work for aswell. I have used flash and slaveflash on most of the pics. I'm pleased to get some C&C on them, thanks.

The Client like them alot.

5. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:cool: I agree that the shots are good using mostly available light. My personal opinion is that you should try to save some of the outside. I typically use mostly artificial light and try to get the windows at least a stop brighter or darker than the interior but thats just me. BS:rolleyes:

6. Hi Nico, These are great! The only photo if I my be picky is the first shot...the chair behind glass door looks out of place. Nice job.

Anthony

7. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    ┬┤Hi *Anthony

I agree, did not see that in the moment but afterwards it's clear that it shut have been moved...